The Other Anders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 281 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: What song is better on record than live? #34660
    The Other Anders
    Participant

The Wheel, although I love it every time they play it. And The Golden Core. Have they ever nailed the vocals live?

in reply to: Roadburn set #32929
      The Other Anders
      Participant

Thank you, Phoots Flower. I succeeded with the first link (Burg Herzberg).

The Roadburn link gave error and said it was a protected source.

in reply to: Roadburn set #32927
        The Other Anders
        Participant

Wow, wow, wow!

Great playing and great sound which captures the atmosphere and ambience of the room that afternoon. Like being back there again!

Cool selection of songs as well. Very happy to have high quality recordings of H Mac/B2S and Dream Home!

I feel blessed with all the recent live stuff popping up. Roadwork 5, Burg Herzberg/Rock Palast, all the great stuff at motorpsychodelicclips, the Rune Grammofon concert, and now this! "Roadwork 6"! A great representation of the band with Reine Fiske! "RW 7" is of course the Rune Grammofon video stream with Lars!

Imagine that we now have Un Chiens in good quality with all three "fourth members" from this tour!

Does anyone know how to, and care to, catch the sound here and upload it to Motortrades?

Would be ace! Thanks!

in reply to: funny/ weird moments during MP gig #34613
          The Other Anders
          Participant

I was there in Castelfranco. Fun night! It seemed the band was very happy to finally have reached Italy, they always loved it there.

Sometimes the Italians do get a special concert, especially back in the day it seemed like they played longer and different sets there.

But you can also get special nights in other countries. In Athens in 2001 they played the An Club, a small basement joint that could hold a 100 people. The stage had this peculiar shape, so they decided to place the drums in front with the three others behind and out in the corners. As they took the stage, Bent introduced themselves as "Gebhardt and the Motorpsychos".

They opened with the yet to be named new jazzy instrumental*, and Bent usually gave the song a new name each night. In Athens he introduced it as "Zorba the Greek Salad".

They delivered a stormer of a rock/jam night to a sold out and very appreciative crowd.

*The new jazzy instrumental from the 2001 fall tour was first time played live introduced as "Dora Peach". It would develop into "Ratcatcher" on Still Life with Eggplant 12 years later.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33812
            The Other Anders
            Participant

15.05.2019 – DK Copenhagen, Hotel Cecil

350 capacity venue.

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34603
              The Other Anders
              Participant

Is that the word play in Bartok/Bardog? That you would use it for going to the bar? Ah… Sometimes I am so slow :-)

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34601
                The Other Anders
                Participant

Cool review, cool angle. I am amazed that the forum is mentioned, and that a writer with such insigth can make the mistake of putting "Starbanger", our joking mislabeling of Starhammer, on print, and even without quotation marks or any explanation. Is he not aware of it?

Starhammer becomes Starbanger and often Starhamster, don't know which one I like the least.

Intrepid Explorer becomes Internet Explorer. Admittedly, this on still makes me chuckle.

Ship of Fools has gotten a lot of different names, the last one I saw made absolutely no sense.

Even The Wheel was mentioned here as "Devil", which is just outright confusing. It makes absolutely no sense, not even when said in Norwegian dialect, because the pressure in "The Wheel" is on the last syllable, while in "Devil" it is on the first syllable.

So I ask: Might our joking with song titles have reached a natural limit?

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34588
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

Seems we are lucky! The stream is still there, MP starting at 1h 08m: YouTube

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34583
                    The Other Anders
                    Participant

True. Love it when they prolong the quiet section.

Again a rad new take on the middle section of The Tower!

Thanks for the company, it was a pleasure.

Now, does this one count in the list of concerts attended? Haha, feels like I was there.

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34581
                      The Other Anders
                      Participant

You can already add "(far out middle section)" to The Tower too 8)

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34580
                        The Other Anders
                        Participant

Oslo three days before Liege also has a far out Starhammer. That's when they played it with Thomas for the first time. Same recording has a 16 min Dreamhome, one of the first really long ones.

Now, the Tower for encore!

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34575
                          The Other Anders
                          Participant

Starhammer is just ridiculously far out tonight. Yes, it also made me think of Arne H! Will have to go back to Liege and check it out

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34573
                            The Other Anders
                            Participant

…only half a year away, tix on sale already. Now, love how they reintroduce Starhammer only to explore it even further… Spacesuit on!

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34570
                              The Other Anders
                              Participant

Now even Bartok seems to get jammed out a bit, new Snah approach to the last part there?

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34568
                                The Other Anders
                                Participant

Hahaha, and I would appreciate the beer you bring me. Cheers! :cheers:

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 281 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994