TheVoid

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

I suffered the same "high expenses" effect as Westbeam73, but after picking up the box at customs (where it lay for more than two weeks before I got noticed) and for the first time having the CD Box in my hands, from the very first moment I was sure: it was worth the money, because it is such a wonderfully created gem, that I was somehow even content with just staring at it ;)

I really appreciate and love the whole artwork (besides the stunning audio and video recording of the concert) and the box is an absolut eye catcher in my "music room"!

Nevertheless I would really love the book to be translated to English, to finally "understand" the whole box as it was intended …

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32782

@mister conclusion

didn´t mean to start this somehow off-topic discussion, but as it´s already on it´s way:

from a technical point of view you are surley right. But you also brought in "aesthetics" as a keyword: when CD´s took over in the late 80ies I sold all my vinyls and started collecting CD´s. I own more than 1000 today, all displayed in shelves behind glass in a special "music room" at my home. In this room I still have a "Dual"-record player, but only a few Vinyl LP´s in comparison to my CD collection.

And yes, I really find beauty in the packing of these little discs and still spend as much time in studying and exploring the cover art and lyric sheets as I did with the vinyls decades before. And I will always rather take the little 12x12cm cover/cardboard box/lyric sheet or whatever in my hand and study it "haptically" in my hands than look at a picture on my monitor (same effect I experience with photographs: all those photos stored on harddiscs are forgotten – but the old photoalbums with printed photos glued to cardboard pages – these are the ones me and even my children do watch again and again) … and this is what I meant with the term "physically" – to be able to take it in my own hands, to be able to turn it back and forth … to physically touch and feel it. Of course with vinyl albums this surely is more fun, but believe me, it is possible with CD´s, too – especially when somebody really put effort in designing it in a beatiful way (take "black hole / blank canvas"-CD and of course all those wonderful Motorpsycho-CD-Boxsets as an example).

This is just my personal view of things – I do not want to go back to vinyl, but I even can not make friendship with pure datafiles only … so the Vinyl/CD-combination was a good compromise in the past. The Vinyl/Download-combo is not …

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32779

Ah, thank you Rolf. Well, better than just a download, but you're right: nothing worth to be collected. In this case, self-burned CD's and selfmade covers will do the job…

Still I must say that I don`t like this Vinyl/Download policy, as I think this will push "non-physical music reception" and repress sound recordings in the end, because I think the vinyl movement is only gonna last for a few years until the "Retro Generation" vanishes more and more…

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32773

As I am a little bit disappointed that Stickman only released the vinyl only versions (+ download code): is there anybody willing to sell me the CD versions of RW III and RW V ???

I´m mouch more a CD collector than a vinyl fan and although I bought the Stickman releases, I would really love to have the CD versions two as I own the other RW-CD´s, too).

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32750

@paolinogrande001

Thank you so much, in both cases, the paper with the code was stuck in the fold! Easy, when you know where and what for to look😀

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32748

I got my vinyls of III and V today, too from Stickman. But I cannot find the download code. Where is it supposed to be???

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #32068

From day to day I´m getting more worried as I still have not received my copy from funde.no here in Germany.

Is there anyone here from Germany who "suffers" with me, or does everyone of you German fellows have had your Demon Box in your post box already???

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #32034

Wouldn´t it be quite a nice "forum-project" to translate the book into English? One could possibly divide the book sidewise amongst the "volunteers" and in the end regardless of the fact that we won´t have a 100%-perfect-translation at least make it possible to understand what was written on those boxed pages for the Non-Norwegians amongst us …

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #31996

Hi there!

Is there anyone here from Germany who is only interested in the CD/BluRay and Book? Because I would like to have the Vinyls only – we could buy the Box Set for 1150 Kronen and share LPs and the rest (and of course the insane shipping costs) then…

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994