Motorkopf

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: New Motorpsycho Album 16.06.23 #41525
    Motorkopf
    Participant

My first impressions after five spins: It’s good and I like it. I like the vibe an the feeling of the album and I appreciate the musical course-change after the long series of those mind-blowing prog-monuments they’ve released over the last years.

But when I take of my superfan-glasses and be honest to myself, there is an album without too much memorable hooks and melodies. In my opinion enriching for this kind of music… Many songs remind me of the b-side- and outsourced-material of their regular studio-albums and those more calmer tunes in the middle of the tracklists from the last albums.

On the other hand, there is a really special vibe in these tracks. One can almost imagine the depressing atmosphere in the last three years.
      And I definitely have to mention the brilliant goose-bumps-guitar-solos in ‘Patterns’ and ‘Hotel Daedalus’ that reminds me of the feeling on the great two HBM-albums!

Truly an album of it’s time.
      Not a highlight to me so far but let’s see what happens in the next days. Maybe it’s a grower. :-)

in reply to: Your band #15477
      Motorkopf
      Participant

My Band "Stunner" with our first album:

https://stunner-germany.bandcamp.com/album/stunner

Some kind of Sludge/Death-Stoner with Progressive influences.

If you listen to bands like Entombed (in their Death'n'roll phase), Neurosis, (early) Mastodon or Motörhead you may like it. At least I hope so. :-)

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40228
        Motorkopf
        Participant

@ the conscience

I remembered that Interview with Bent, too. I refound a link on this site, posted by "Punj Lizard" a week ago.

Motorpsycho | Interview | New Album, ‘Ancient Astronauts’

In This interview Bent speaks of 11/8 and 7/8 time signatures on the A-side of "Ancient Astronauts".

So maybe thats the answer to my question. Who knows… :D

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40224
          Motorkopf
          Participant

@ Mikke

I think it was recorded beforehand because according to the listing in the credits (you can see it at 02:07:20), it was Bent who played the drums.

BTW: The film can also be seen here:

http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/trondelag-theater/begynnelser-play

@ supernaut

Damn…, after the last listening I was pretty sure that it's a 7/8. :-)

I think we need mathematic-psychonauts to help us. :-D

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40219
            Motorkopf
            Participant

@ fiatlux

As far as I know from interviews the whole music was played as a trio (with the exception of "The Flower…") but the recording session where together with Deathprod. Maybe that's meant with the word "with" in the liner notes. :-) But I'm not sure.

There's another question to the community: Speaking of time signatures earlier…

I sometimes like to count out those signatures from complex songs.

I'm pretty sure that "The Ladder" is in 11/8 but I'm not 100% sure about "Mona Lisa / Azrael".

To me it sounds like the beginning and the end are in 6/8 but I'm a bit confused with the middle part, the proggy rollercoaster-ride… I guess this is a 7/8-bar but sometimes i think this could be a 6/8 too… :?: It's so goddamn fast. :lol:

Does anyone know for sure?

Not that it matters…. The music is brilliant anyway!

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40216
              Motorkopf
              Participant

@ Aki

You're welcome!

I also love the very beautiful prolog/epilog theme in the film (or the play) with it's fine 5/4 time signature. Hopefully they release it some day in any way.

Until then I enjoy my little "Begynnelser II" album. ;-)

@the conscience

I think in the near future you will often see psychonauts in free nature or in the wild with their headphones on. :lol:

AA is just perfect for long walks in the open air. Or everything else… :-)

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40208
                Motorkopf
                Participant

Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if anybody mentioned it in this forum yet, but:

The heavy prog part in "Mona Lisa / Azrael" (starting at 4:44) has used in "Begynnelser" too.

You can not find it on the actual album but on the dvd/in the film at 52:50.

When the "Begynnelser"-Box was released in 2017 I was a little bit disappointed that some of these great tunes from the film/the play weren't recorded for the album.

So I ripped those "songs" from the dvd and made myself a personnel "Begynnelser II"-album with four songs and 26 minutes of extra music. :-D

And while listening to "Ancient Astronauts" at some point I recognised one very familiar sounding tune. But it took me a while to found out where it came from. ;-)

I hope I was able to contribute a little bit of news here.

My first comment by the way. So, hello again! :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994