crossskip

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 157 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: MP tour summer 2015 #27477

Don't care that much about Damian Rice and The War On Drugs, but a day lineup with Motorpsycho and Andrew Bird, Goat and Patti Smith could be interesting!

in reply to: Videos uploaded by Student-TV'n #27358

No Beastie Boys cover? : (

in reply to: SPIDERGAWD feat. Bent and Kenneth on tour !!! #27149

Roadburn always steals all the cool concerts :(

in reply to: Tablatures and Guitar Pro Files #27050

And we're back, the tab is up on Ultimate Guitar! Next I'm gonna give The Hollow Lands a try.

in reply to: Beyond Motorpsycho #26154
    Quote:
    @crossskip: Joanna Newsom somehow reminds me of early Kate Bush – i like :) thanks.

:cheers:

You're certainly not the first to make that comparision =p On songs like Easy (also from Have One On Me), the resemblance is ever stronger. Not that I mind tho; if I had to pick two favourite female singers, it would be those tho!

in reply to: Tablatures and Guitar Pro Files #27049

No problem, [/url]here it is.

Got the song all worked out, but I'm making a guitar pro tab this time and takes some more time to write than a normal tab =p The tab now contains the intro from around 1:10 up to the verse.

in reply to: Tablatures and Guitar Pro Files #27046

I think the fanbase is just too small (and too old? ;) )compared to the earlier mentioned Dream Theater to have some transcription maniacs that tab out all the songs. That and half of their songs contains weirdass guitar improv that is even harder to transcribe than all that progressive wanking crap :MPD:

Right now I'm working on a Year Zero tab, think I'll skip the outro-solo =p

in reply to: Tablatures and Guitar Pro Files #27043

Most tunings can be found in the lyrics section!

in reply to: Behind The Sun tour #26193

They better make it a 3/4 LP box then if they're going to include the Hell-Suite. Hoping for Fools Gold and the brilliant Ãœberpigrim from last tour, that was just amazing!

in reply to: 04.06.14 Hiroshima Mon Amour / Torino #26955

How was Mockingbird?

in reply to: Behind The Sun tour #26183
    Quote:
    Nice.

It's time for a second dvd. :MPD:

At least we're getting some quality live footage 8)

in reply to: Beyond Motorpsycho #26148

Ayup, The Seer was a masterpiece as well. They're supposed to be amazing live, so I hope to see them in Amsterdam this year =D

in reply to: Beyond Motorpsycho #26146

Dewolff! Great band, especially live. Didn't know they had a new album out tho, will check it out.

Lately I'm been enchanted by the wonderful 3LP folk opus Have One On Me by Joanna Newsom.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBtVaHkJc4I[/youtube]

On the other side of the spectrum, there is Swans! The legendary Michael Gira and crew released their third album since their comeback in 2010, which is perhaps the most brilliant comeback I've ever seen in music. 2 hours of epic songs, noise and pure madness. Already my personal album of the year, just as the predecessor 2 years ago.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jSdTBGhDSg[/youtube]

in reply to: Music making MP fans Utrecht NL? #26787

I will not have that much time off up untill my project deadline at 19th june =( After all the hard work, I'd be glad to just make music.

Already started to jam to some tunes to get in the mood, Hogwash :MPD:

in reply to: Where to start with Motorpsycho #26913

I actuallt made a Spotify-playlist some time ago for a friend who also wanted to start with the band: this one

Think it covers all the different sides of the band pretty well

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 157 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994