paolinogrande001

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 128 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho — Live 2020 #36961
    paolinogrande001
    Participant

The biggest scene at Blitz can only take about 100, and on the FB event they are talking about allowing 60 people in each night, which would mean it's a seated event. The cut off for non-seated events indoors is 50 at the moment in Oslo.

in reply to: Motorpsycho — Live 2020 #36959
      paolinogrande001
      Participant

Three nights at half capacity at Blitz is little more than a tenth of Sentrum Scene or Rockefeller, so yeah. This is a great example of how these are rough times for artists.

paolinogrande001
        Participant

Were you getting excited about a Christmas album as well? :D

But seriously – trolling this kind of forum?

I mean, this isn't exactly Facebook or Reddit. I just don't *drumroll* geddit!

paolinogrande001
          Participant

What's with all the trolls/bots lately?? :x

in reply to: Motorpsycho — Live 2020 #36955
            paolinogrande001
            Participant

22.10.2020 – NO Trondheim, Verkstedhallen

https://www.facebook.com/events/333555427890950/

23.10.2020 – NO Trondheim, Verkstedhallen (sold out)

https://facebook.com/events/s/ekstrakonsert-motorpsycho-the-/250176942781870

24.10.2020 – NO Trondheim, Verkstedhallen (sold out)

https://www.facebook.com/events/320996062307666/

18.11.2020 – NO Oslo, Blitz

19.11.2020 – NO Oslo, Blitz :cheers:

https://facebook.com/events/s/motorpsycho/997585274046947/?ti=as

20.11.2020 – NO Porsgrunn, RiP, 21.00 (max 50 seats) (SOLD OUT)

21.11.2020 – NO Porsgrunn, Rip, 16.00 (no age limit, max 50 seats) (SOLD OUT)

21.11.2020 – NO Porsgrunn, Rip, 21.00 (18 and over, max 50 seats) (SOLD OUT)

in reply to: Motorpsycho — Live 2020 #36933
              paolinogrande001
              Participant

FALL TOUR 2020

20.11.2020 – NO Porsgrunn, RiP, 21.00 (max 50 seats)

21.11.2020 – NO Porsgrunn, Rip, 16.00 (no age limit, max 50 seats)

21.11.2020 – NO Porsgrunn, Rip, 21.00 (18 and over, max 50 seats)

paolinogrande001
                Participant

Gud bevare landsbyen min

NÃ¥ kommer jeg og tar deg

Ingenmannsland

Veierland

Vardøger

Store gutter gråter ikke

Blonde beist

Klaus og livet

Tvillingen

Fest i hovedstaden

Hvitt lys (Dolphins farvel)

Mitt lille land

Ruinbyen

in reply to: "Så nær, så nær" now avaliable on Spotify #37032
                  paolinogrande001
                  Participant

Some notes: "Vardøger" is very ABB.

The verse of "Tvillingen" reminds me of the verse of The Animals' "We've gotta get out of this place".

Reminiscences of "Court of the Crimson King" in "Ruinbyen". More modally I think, than in riff/melody.

in reply to: "Så nær, så nær" now avaliable on Spotify #37028
                    paolinogrande001
                    Participant

1 Hvitt lys (Dolphins farvel) 5:12 [White Light (Dolphin's farewell)]

2 Klaus og livet 4:43 [Klaus and Life]

3 Gud bevare landsbyen min 4:35 [God Save My Village]

4 Vardøger 5:48 [? Something like a premonition spirit]

5 Ingenmannsland 3:58 [No Man's Land]

6 Helt tilfeldig 2:51 ["Pure Coincidence", "Totally Random"]

7 Fest i hovedstaden 4:37 [Party in the Capital]

8 Tvillingen 4:44 [The Twin]

9 Blonde beist 2:09 [Blond(e?) Beasts]

10 Ruinbyen 13:28 [City of Ruins? Ruined City?]

Very much top-of-my-head, literal translations into English for the non-Norwegian readers. Other ideas for translations obviously welcome :) Only heard the three first tracks so far, and – I like it!

And now I have to work, will continue listening, and might be back with more comments.

This is just the most fascinating band! Almost thirty years with these guys and I'm still not over it.

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #35966
                      paolinogrande001
                      Participant

From BS on the [url=http://http://motorpsycho.no/2019/09/memo-from-bob/]MP homepage[/url]:

"To make sure none of you will lose sleep over not getting your hands on a copy, you’ll all be able to (pre-)order your copies in the MP webshop: we have made a first print run that we think is big enough to satisfy demand, but will do another ASAP if we run out before all your needs are sated. So not to worry: everybody will get a copy eventually!"

Edit: "quotes"

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #34060
                        paolinogrande001
                        Participant

Ah, yes – sorry if my ramblings were a bit unclear! :D

TITS played both 2003 and 2004. I was at 2004 and remember buying the album with the 2003-recording.

Actually, now I think about it, the 2004 show was also recorded with the intention of a possible DVD/live album of Tussler-stuff. One of many MP-projects that are yet to be fully carried out, but hopefully will be some day…

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #34058
                          paolinogrande001
                          Participant

Regarding the Ringnes festival, I was lucky enough to be there the last time Motorpsycho played – as TITS (with friends?), which was absolutely amazing. 2004 I think, and charmingly quaint, diy, refreshingly free of pretense and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We drove to and from Oslo the same day, cause we were too old for that camping shit.

Main scene is the porch of the main house on the Ringnes farm. Awesome.

Would love to go again this year but was sold out so quick, and I didn't have anyone to go (by car) with. Highly recommend and those of you who have tickets should be happy!

HOWEVER,

What still excites me a lot at this point is the fact that the guys behind the festival have produced records from the last six festivals. Number 1 had live tracks from several bands, including one whole vinyl side by TITS.

And the three last instances have been concert recordings of just one band of that year's festival, So… I feel like there's at least the possibility of a "Live at Ringnes" album somewhere on the horizon…

edit: typos/grammar

in reply to: 01.06.2019 – Genova #35722
                            paolinogrande001
                            Participant

They've done that quite regularly in Hogwash. Haven't listened to the Genova show yet, but it's been pretty common. If you think that's what it is, it most likely is :)

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #34033
                              paolinogrande001
                              Participant

No traditional, last two weeks in December, pre-Christmas-concert in Trondheim announced yet?

in reply to: notebook / laptop bag grey motorpsycho #35728
                                paolinogrande001
                                Participant

For vinyl – if you like your LP-covers bent (not Bent) and frazzled around the edges, that is…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 128 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994