DocZucker

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Zakk, Düsseldorf, 25.6.2015 #27966

Vortex Surfer was great, and maybe because there was no bass…. But I had problems with the drumsound all the way through. You could notice that Ken didn't realize that at all as he probably just played as he ever does, but even in the quieter passages his sound came across just way too dominant. I'm not a technician and I was the first time in the ZAKK, so I can't tell whether it was the mixing or the location itself.

It was a nice evening anyway and I usually don't focus on bickering, but with all the musical subtleties these guys are capable of producing, you need a good mix to truly appreciate. Yesterday it was mostly all buried. Well, to say a good thing: All is Loneliness was beautiful anyway!

in reply to: Zakk, Düsseldorf, 25.6.2015 #27964

Band in good mood, friendly crowd, but mostly absolutely aweful sound. Ken and Bent were way too loud, which made it impossible to follow Snah's solos for most of the time as it was mostly all a dense distorted sound-mash with toms and snares prominently in the foreground. I still enjoyed it in parts as I just love the guys and most of their material, but it could have been so much better if only somehow the noise-level could have been reduced a bit. It's not a good thing if it hurts your ears…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994