Mcgie2002

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 15.10.2023 – BE, Kortrijk – De Kreun #42061
    Mcgie2002
    Participant

The gig was pretty stellar. I’d say top 5 of all the times i’ve seen them (in sofar i can at all remember lol). Good sound, great jams, a pretty rare intimate club vibe at times (esp the acoustic bits), and an enthusiastic audience. Ingvald’s contribution was darn impressive, big shoes to fill and all that. The vocal quality was fairly off at times (fatigue or PA?) and the setlist maybe not as epic as some i’ve seen the past few weeks (was hoping for The Alchemist like yesterday, or the Magpie, or etc…), but the long drive home was accompanied by a very content feeling :). At this stage of my life i just very honestly and humbly have to thank the guys for the entire soundtrack of my adult life. It would have been very different indeed without them. Much much love from Belgium

in reply to: 2021-10-30 Ghent – Desertfest, Vooruit #39161
      Mcgie2002
      Participant

It was the Barracuda one (as far ad i could tell lol ;)

in reply to: 2021-10-30 Ghent – Desertfest, Vooruit #39159
        Mcgie2002
        Participant

Thanks for clarifying that Bernie. Could be that hall perhaps… I’ve been to enough wildly loud MP concerts over the decades, but the actual musical audibility being reduced to such a distorted decible concoction? (monitors for the guys probably too). As far as i can remember, i have not lived through many of those gigs before.

in reply to: 2021-10-30 Ghent – Desertfest, Vooruit #39156
          Mcgie2002
          Participant

I am sorry to say that I have prematurely fled the concert, first time in 25 gigs. Seldom before have i witnessed such badly distorted, resonating and painfully loud sound. How a PA engineer can not hear this utter mess is beyond me…

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31209
            Mcgie2002
            Participant

(almost there… three to go for those aching muscles and battered voices ;)

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31208
              Mcgie2002
              Participant

Ab-so-lu-te-ly awesome. Saw three gigs this tour. Probably +30 over the past couple of decades. But this one is really to cherish. All four guys absolutely brilliant. Completely in awe, just can't sleep 😘 Best rockband in the universe. Period.

in reply to: Vredesfeesten, St. Niklaas, Belgie #28308
                Mcgie2002
                Participant

By MP standards, it was a reasonably 'short' gig. pretty good acoustics and a steamhammering r&r blast. Loved it. Also a first in 20 years: big fireworks over the stage and city all through LLM! Pitty the guys didn't see (and probably hear) that. 8). Grateful, as always.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994