2021-10-30 Ghent – Desertfest, Vooruit

Home Forums General 2021-10-30 Ghent – Desertfest, Vooruit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Tomcat
    Participant

Timetable

https://bit.ly/3CrISds

Covid-Info

https://www.desertfest.be/ghent

Directions

https://www.desertfest.be/ghent

Trivia: Two days to go. Second and last continental show in almost two years since covid stopped it all. Will they change the setlist and use the chance to present recent material not played in Antwerp (f.e. The Waning, Kingdom of Oblivion, Same Old Rock or Like Chrome)? Maybe even the floydish long new track? One can always dream, especially in Belgium :-)

Thumbs up Desterfest, may Ghent be successful and as enjoyable as its big brother only 60km away … weird when you think about it. Belgium got balls. And beer. And vibes. Thanks for bringing us motorpsycho, and so much more!

Juergen
      Participant

I will keep my fingers crossed that you will hear other songs which you haven't heard in Antwerp before, especially the new long track. Maybe it is called Azrael or Ancient Astronauts? If they play it and you can reach a setlist then we will know.

nicoot
        Participant

There's a poster in the hallways of Desertfest Ghent with Motorpsycho headlining the event "25 Years of Orange Factory" in Leuven on 23-24 September 2022, along with Elephant9, Monkey3, Ufomammut and Hypnos69. ALRIGHT!

Blashyrkh
          Participant

Nox

Upstairs

Rattlesnake

The united debased

On a plate

Cosmoctopus

The waning

Llm

Like Chrome

What a show !

nicoot
            Participant

Weird show with very few reference points…

Mcgie2002
              Participant

I am sorry to say that I have prematurely fled the concert, first time in 25 gigs. Seldom before have i witnessed such badly distorted, resonating and painfully loud sound. How a PA engineer can not hear this utter mess is beyond me…

Blashyrkh
                Participant

Indeed, the first 45 minutes were a big mess… the sound was aweful.

But a surprising setlist.

ffbernie
                  Participant

@McGie2002 : you are right the sound was awful but its just not a very good hall for loud rockconcerts….believe me Ive been going there for 25 years. It has nothing to do with the sound engineer who was also very unhappy about it…there was nothing he could do. Just a bad idea to do a festival there. videos will be good as the sound is from the mixing desk and my secret stage mics :-) so no back of the hall noise terror :-)

Mcgie2002
                    Participant

Thanks for clarifying that Bernie. Could be that hall perhaps… I’ve been to enough wildly loud MP concerts over the decades, but the actual musical audibility being reduced to such a distorted decible concoction? (monitors for the guys probably too). As far as i can remember, i have not lived through many of those gigs before.

Juergen
                      Participant

Thanks for the report!

Was "Rattlesnake" the song from "Barracuda" or "Rattlesnake Shake" (Fleetword Mac) which was performed a few times in 2009 and 2010? The Barracuda track has never been played live before.

Mcgie2002
                        Participant

It was the Barracuda one (as far ad i could tell lol ;)

Tomcat
                          Participant

Yes, Barracuda Snake. We chose to be up front last night and that was a good decision. Seeing the guys so close again gave that extra kick. I remember some extraordinary jams in NOX and LLM (!). Wanning II is also killer.

The set was about two hours long and worked well in combination with Antwerp. NOX as opener is brilliant and I was glad to have some more new tracks performed.

Rumour is that they'll tour in May and have Reine on board again. That would open opportunities to play even more KoO material. May it come true…

Tomcat
                            Participant

@Bernie: Glad you were there, looking forward some decent video and audio 😏

Punj Lizard
                              Participant

Thanks for the reports everyone. Looking forward to your videos Bernie. And I'm already getting hyped for "25 Years of Orange Factory" on top of a tour in May 22 :D

Mo

Such a miserable soundmix… I was looking forward to see the band play in my hometown again for the first time in almost twenty years. Furthermore this was my first concert in a loooong time (due to some obscure virus), so I was hoping for a memorable evening, but frankly I was quite disappointed. Judging by the number of people who left the room early, I wasn't the only one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994