fco

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho Live 2021 #38805
    fco

Ok, ticket bought. Thanks JERO and Tomcat!

in reply to: Motorpsycho Live 2021 #38802
      fco
        Quote:
        Really glad motorpsycho are announced for a 2 hours slot

Is that confirmed for Ghent?

'cos apparently is a single stage for 13 artists.

Also, to anyone in belgium, is it hard to get a covid certificate for a non-european?

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38047
        fco

expertly said.

even in the unlikely scenario where they were to never release a good album again, they have already done more in this 30 years than any other band I can think of.

and you don't need to go as far as Yes. just look at another band that was pushing the envelope in the early 90's. Tool was supposed to be the ones to renovate rock music, and they ended up running out of ideas after what, three albums? they took 13 years! to release their last one, and even then it turned out to be a dissapointing rehash of old ideas.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38029
          fco

I like it. reminds me a bit of the Hell tri(sept?)logy.

Can't wait for the rest though since, as always, the better stuff will not be in the single.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38021
            fco

here's another view of the cover (and an itty-bit of lyrics if you're fast enough):

https://www.instagram.com/stories/sverre_malling/2535002617059262684/

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38015
              fco

from EMP:

Quote:
                Mit dem scheppernd und knarzend vorwärts marschierenden, dabei erstaunlich melodischen „The warning, Pt. 1 & 2” stellen die Herrschaften aus Trondheim mal wieder spielend unter Beweis, wer die Könige des psychedelischen Noise-Hardrocks sind. Als ob wir das nicht alle längst wüssten. Um ihr Statement aber noch zu untermauern legen Motorpsycho mit dem majestätischen Titeltrack nach, der dann überraschend in das akustische, etwas an den Westcoast-Sound von Crosby, Stills & Nash erinnernde und mindestens ebenso geniale „Lady May 1” übergeht. Weitere Highlights eines atmosphärisch stimmigen, dabei immens abwechslungsreichen Longplayers mit viel Spät-Sixties- beziehungswiese Früh-Seventies-Feeling und doch von zeitlloser Schönheit gesegnet, sind das ebenso deftig riff-beladene, wie nachdenkliche „The united debased”, das düster-verspielte „The watcher”, das fast neunminütige, proggig anmutende Epos „At empire’s end” und das spacige Stoner-Monster „The transmutation of Cosmoctopus Lurker ” Ein weiteres Meisterwerk in der von solchen überquellenden Diskografie der Norweger.

Google translate:

Quote:
                With the clattering and creaking marching, surprisingly melodic “The warning, Pt. 1 & 2 ”, the guys from Trondheim again playfully prove who the kings of psychedelic noise hard rock are. As if we didn't all already know. To underpin their statement, Motorpsycho followed up with the majestic title track, which then surprisingly merged into the acoustic, at least as ingenious “Lady May 1”, somewhat reminiscent of the West Coast sound of Crosby, Stills & Nash. Further highlights of an atmospherically coherent, immensely varied long player with a lot of late sixties or early seventies feeling and yet blessed with timeless beauty are the hearty, riff-laden and thoughtful “The united debased”, the gloomy, playful “ The watcher ”, the almost nine-minute, prog-seeming epic“ At empire's end ”and the spacey stoner monster“ The transmutation of Cosmoctopus Lurker ”Another masterpiece in the overflowing discography of the Norwegians.

in reply to: New Music #34834
                fco

Anguish is Dälek, Hans Joachim Irmler (Faust), Mats Gustafsson and Andreas Werliin (both from Fire!).

I'm not into Hip Hop, but I really loved the dark atmosphere and free jazz accents on this one.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38001
                  fco

kingdomslider2-1000x450.jpg

I see they moved from russian modernism to belgian surrealism. :mrgreen:

Love that photo. They look so… adult.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #37994
                    fco

nor single!😣

in reply to: The All Is One #37579
                      fco

ah! I knew patience would pay off

in reply to: The All Is One #37540
                        fco

ok first impressions: amazing. Can't wait to play it again. Not only is by far the best of the trilogy, but it may well become one of my top ranked ones. Well it figures, since my favorite MP personalities are the melodic and the far-out ones, and this record has both in spades.

On the subject of NOX vs the rest. NOX certainly stands out, but I don't think it had enough going on to work on its own as a separate album. and yes, it feels a bit weird to return to the shorter tracks after that mammoth of a song, but not as weird as it could've been. I think in general the whole album has a great flow. And in any case, the good thing about vinyls is you can play the sides in any order you want. :-)

There are few MP albums in which I like every song from start to finish and this is one of them. though on the other hand, there's no single track I feel I could recommend above all others. Night of Pan is the one I loved the most, but I hate that it's a pretty difficult track to recommend: not only it is quite radio un-friendly, it'd also make even less sense outside of its context.

P.D: in an unrelated note, thanks motorpsycho for giving me one more track to use in my bands doing a 2 minute acoustic guitar instrumental playlist :wink:

in reply to: The All Is One #37531
                          fco
                            Quote:
                            It's up on Spitify!!

not here :|

in reply to: The All Is One #37522
                            fco

argh!.. can't wait.. any idea at what time it'll drop on spotify?

in reply to: The Tower #30471
                              fco

really?? show us pics!

in reply to: Italy Prog Fest 01Sep17 Setlist #30668
                                fco
                                  Quote:
                                  Theme de Yoyo! I wonder how they pulled that one off with just the three of them.

I guess they had guests? if you look again at the setlist it says "flute" or "brass" on some songs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994