The Other Anders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 281 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Amsterdam, 24th October 2017 #31161
    The Other Anders
    Participant

– A.S.F.E.

– Bartok

– Intrepid

– Dream Home

– H. Mac

– A Pacific Sonata

> Cuckoo

– Lacuna/Sunrise

> Ship of Fools

> Taifun

– Un Chien K9

– The Tower

– Plan #1

The Golden Core was the last song on the setlist, but Plan #1 was played instead.

Info taken from setlist picture and comment in the Facebook group "Motorpsycho".

Thanks to Fokke van der Veen for posting.

in reply to: 2017-10-19 Copenhagen, Loppen #30973
      The Other Anders
      Participant

A very positive review, in Danish:

http://devilution.dk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27431:motorpsycho-loppen-10-19-2017&catid=37:koncertanmeldelser

"The nicest Motorpsychopats"

"One strongly doubt if it is possible for the band to play a bad concert"

"You sense that Motorpsycho live is never a finite or finished result. It is a process, which you as audience only can praise yourself happy to witness"

"Järmyr is more leaned back [than Kapstad], not better or worse, but it alters the fundation"

"Kristoffer Lo's mix of keys, trompet and guitar wrapped the concert in the loveliest freaky frame"

"The concert really should get 5 stars (out of 5), but gets 4 because the concert in 2014 (last time they played in Copenhagen) was a notch better. There I remember especially the quieter passages made a bigger impression than at Loppen. I already look forward to seeing them again. Motorpsycho is highly addictive."

in reply to: 2017-10-23 London, Islington O2 Academy #31101
        The Other Anders
        Participant

…so back to the kind of setlist we saw in Hamburg/Papenburg… Glad that you guys got two hours and were blown away. Thanks for the reports and pictures!

@Punj Lizard: Let's hope you get Un Chien in Köln!

in reply to: 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof #31043
          The Other Anders
          Participant

@pj: I would have loved to tag along. I am going back on the road as soon as possible. Mending my spacesuit, will travel again! Thanks for your comments. Hopefully I'll see you and the rest of the travelling family next tour already!

in reply to: 2017-10-23 London, Islington O2 Academy #31073
            The Other Anders
            Participant

Yes, it's they way it usually works in London, unless you have draw enough to fill the venue all by yourself. Let's hope you're lucky and only get one support band!

in reply to: 2017-09-28 Byscenen, Haugesund #30900
              The Other Anders
              Participant

Two cool videos from Haugesund 2017 on YouTube!

Dream Home

Upstairs – Downstairs

in reply to: 2017-10-23 London, Islington O2 Academy #31071
                The Other Anders
                Participant

@Punj Lizard: Enjoy your first concert! Looking forward to the setlist.

Will they go back to the "standard" setlist of the tour which we saw smaller variations of until Bremen, or have they already left this first phase and entered the famous (true) middle part of the tour where they usually peak in energy and creativity?

in reply to: 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof #31033
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

@Be: Yeah, I know. Nothing wrong with Golden Core, I just prefer The Wheel. I was playing around with a playlist of epics just the other day. Seeing tonight's setlist, my dream setlist doesn't seem that unlikely after all. Exchange HBM for Big Black Dog, Golden Core for The Wheel, throw in Sun Ship and Arnie H, and we're pretty close! :idea:

in reply to: 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof #31030
                    The Other Anders
                    Participant

I am drooling over this setlist, but I'd take The Wheel over Golden Core any day of the week. Cool to see both Un Chien and HBM back in the set. Haven't seen both played in the same concert since Oslo. I was hoping for both of them in Copenhagen, as well as Stained Glass which funnily enough was first time played in Hamburg the day after. Still happy with Copenhagen. But: Having been to Schlachthof several times, knowing the atmosphere of the venue and the dedication of the audience, and combining this with the psychedelic-let's-kick-back-and-jam mood that usually hits the band after a run of increasingly monstrous concerts, I can totally picture and feel the vibe. I know a lot of people who were there, and I wish I had been there together with you. Let's hear the reviews!

in reply to: 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof #31024
                      The Other Anders
                      Participant

Short setlist, but still looks like… 2,5 hours?

in reply to: 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof #31020
                        The Other Anders
                        Participant

Every, single song is either an epic, a space-out, or both!

in reply to: 2017-10-19 Copenhagen, Loppen #30971
                          The Other Anders
                          Participant

Ok, still digesting here. I have heard writing down your thoughts is supposed to help:

ASFE (I like this song, it's groovy)

Intrepid Explorer (first space-out of the night, epic stuff already in song number two)

Dream Home (complete with flute solos played by Kristoffer on keys)

Cloudwalker (complete with the quiet opening)

August (another highlight, the jamming, the breaks, Tomas on the drums here… ridiculous!)

No Evil (second half always reminds me why they keep on playing this one, wow)

Hey Jane (If I said I have heard this one 100 times live, would you believe me?)

The Cuckoo (with the quiet intro, Snah on lead vocals)

Kill Some Day (nice surprise, but also contributes to the musically "darker" feel of the night)

Up/down (beautiful, a very welcome breath of air)

A Pacific Sonata (first half rather messy, needs practice. second half straight into orbit)

The Tower (more epic-ness and intense jamming)

Lacuna/Sunrise > (funky jams, just great and a lighter mood than the rest, a huge highlight)

I.M.S. (yes, thank you! Trippin' away)

Bartok of the Universe (brutal, dark, heavy, proggy)

Ship of Fools (another epic highlight, this must surely be the last song of the main set?)

The Alchemyst (wow, we get yet another epic, like butter on bacon!)

Plan #1 (ends the night in that musically dark mood I mentioned, as it kind of completes the mood set by Kill Some Day which also lingers in so many of the newer songs)

in reply to: 2017-10-19 Copenhagen, Loppen #30970
                            The Other Anders
                            Participant

@Tomcat: Yes, I enjoyed the show very much. It was just a lot to digest. The new songs are so saturated with playing and details, and even more so with a fourth member. Insane jams and solos going on inside every single one of them, one heavier than the other. With the addition of Kristoffer Lo they also move closer to the sound of the records, now able to add more layers and detail.

@Kid A; Yes, it was killer. Lacuna/Sunrise was also killer. The intense space-out in the second half of A Pacific Sonata sounded like they already prepared to end the main set. So every song after that was a surprise and a killer.

The Sonata is the new Un Chien, I guess.

@Pitje007: I didn't pay too much attention to the merch, I just bought the tour EP. But it was not a lot they had, which they never usually do on their way down to Germany. I think they get merch delivered after crossing the German border, possibly in Hamburg, at least records, since it can be very expensive to declare merch at the border, and their record label is of course situated in Hamburg.

in reply to: 2017-09-28 Byscenen, Haugesund #30898
                              The Other Anders
                              Participant

Great recording! No audible audience chit-chat or other usual flaws. Band sounds inspired and hard-working. First ASFE, Colemine Pony and Flick of the tour. New songs already evolving, as do still also the songs from the last record. Beautiful Lacuna with a very jazzy jam, beautiful transition from The Cockoo to Up/Down, and magical transition from a spacy HBM to Fool's Gold, to mention a few highlights. In fact, the whole concert is a highlight. A relatively quiet but appreciative audience creates the room and concentration onstage for improvisation and off into orbit we go! A well-balanced set of psychedelic, proggy and spacy with really good dynamics between songs old and new. Thanks to Metallican & Spacebandit for making it possible for me to hear this great concert!

The Other Anders
                                Participant

Thanks for description and picture, ThorEgil. Sounds and looks pretty special. It would be very interesting to hear this spacedog. Do you know of a recording?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 281 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994