Bartok

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 2017-09-23 Konserthuset, Oslo #30795
    Bartok
    Participant

Hey Spacebandit (or anyone else), maybe a stupid Q, but started a DIME account and I can't find the Torrent download, is there some trick I don't know? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe there's an issue since I'm a new member, I can't find where to download the torrent. Frustrating!

I want this show! :|

in reply to: California EP #30687
      Bartok
      Participant

And how are the songs?

These guys profiting from reselling online is a disgrace. Ugly.

in reply to: The Tower #30541
        Bartok
        Participant

Ok, here I go, this is of course no exact science(!), but as of today it feels pretty right. Demon Box is sort of difficult for me these days, but I guess I’m actually happy it’s being topped by more recent stuff. As for the EPs, don’t get me started, it’s a shame I don’t listen to them much because of my equipment situation, but the Manmower, Hey Jane, Wearing Yr Smell, Ozone, Starmelt +++ EPs are all pretty much installed in my DNA so I guess I’m doing fine. And as for the (for me) newly discovered Blissard Pidah mixes, man, can't stop listening, like discovering your favorite person has a twin:) AND SAYING THAT: When can we expect the Trust Us box set?

1. Timothy's Monster (how can you beat it, c'mon)

2. Trust Us (how can you beat it, C'MON!)

3. Blissard (The Pidah Mixes) / Angels & Daemons at Play

5. The Tower

6. The Death Defying Unicorn

7. Demon Box

8. Child of the Future

9. Black Hole/Blank Canvas

10. Little Lucid Moments

11. Behind the Sun

12. Phanerothyme

13. Lobotomizer (Really! Such a gem)

14. Let Them Eat Cake

15. Here Be Monsters

16. It's a Love Cult

17. Heavy Metal Fruit

19. Soothe

18. Still Life with Eggplant

19. Barracuda

in reply to: The Tower #30534
          Bartok
          Participant

Hey shakti, beautifully put. I totally agree. THE SPOOK! Aw, Neil, the wizard.

in reply to: The Tower #30532
            Bartok
            Participant

I do take some self-criticism w the constant and tiresome comparisons to their early catalogue but that's what fans do I guess, nerd away and write lists!

Now, it would be fun with some more reflections on the album. I see that the tour starts this week somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean (must be an awesome setting) – looking forward to read some reviews! And people – YouTube away! Meanwhile I'll be tripping away on the Pacific Sonata;) Peace🤘

in reply to: The Tower #30531
              Bartok
              Participant

Listening to the TOWER made me want to share a few thoughts:

Initially I was happy that the songs didn’t automatically click, always a good sign, and I feel that most of the Kenneth-era studio records have been too straight forward, you get the drift of every song after one listen. The notable exception is of course the great Unicorn which just might be the beautiful and weird sister of this album. Apart from that I think Trust Us was the last MP-record to give me such a BUZZ. This is abs great stuff! A great album, and I´m pretty blown away that they managed to pull this out of the hat as I have long missed the weirdness and kraut/stoner/trippy-drone rock that MP always did so well, and which has been absent since whenever.

It's hard to pick out any favourite, initially I felt Bartok was a slight low-point, too much adrenaline for my taste, but hey, why not, it's pretty fun and a killer riff and not a dudd like eg. Neverland. Even Revolver had Got to Get You into My Life, right? This is maybe the strongest collection of songs in their career imo. All the golden oldies are of course hard to beat, there's no Taifun or PPPP here, but compared to this newfound complexity and production and with SNAHs wild playing and Bents songwriting chops more dynamic than ever the 90s actually seem slightly old and dusty, finally. This is def a career highpoint (of many). And, live, wow, can't wait. And for the future, I can't wait, this new trio combo is SOLID! NOW, get yourselves over to the US for some gigs!

Thank you!

(This is of course just MY opinion, and saying all this I also find a lot of the Kenneth-era records consistently great, though not consistently GREAT;)

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994