2017-09-23 Konserthuset, Oslo

Home Forums General 2017-09-23 Konserthuset, Oslo

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Devotional
    Participant

Looking very much forward to tomorrow. Maybe the "mystery fourth member" will be unveiled too, so they can pull out some of the as of yet unplayed tracks from The Tower?

Will they play one long set or three smaller ones?

We'll see!

Devotional
      Participant

Posting the real setlist here to avoid confusion:

Set 1: (20:30 – 21:40)

The Tower

In Every Dream Home

The Cuckoo

Upstairs / Downstairs

Cloudwalker

Hell, Part 1-3

Un Chien d'Espace (30 mins)

Set 2: (22:12 – 23:35)

Manmower

Intrepid Explorer

Bartok Of The Universe

Heartattack Mac

Lacuna / Sunrise

Ship Of Fools

Feel

Here Be Monsters

TOTAL: 2h 43m (+ 22m pause between sets)

Devotional
        Participant

This was the best Oslo-show since I don't know when…

A really good concert. Un Chien d'espace and HBM was magnificant.

Krist Rampage
          Participant

Awesome setlist again! No surprises but excellent nonetheless. Un Chien ánd Here Be Monsters ánd Heartattack Mac. Awesome. Question: last year the intro and jam part of HBM was played with both Snah and Bent on keys. Is this also the case on this tour?

manbitecat
            Participant

Tomas played some keys. Snah played guitar on the whole thing.

ijustpop
              Participant

Context: seen 35 MP gigs. Not so many in the past 10 years. I like parts of LLM, HBM and The Tower is still good two weeks in. Except the Opera shows and Tussler gigs, it's the best I've seen in 15 years. ( regarding HBM: Just Bent on keys +Maybe Thomas?)

Liked the setlist. Would of course have liked more oldies, but I knew what to Expert. Loved the kamming middel of Un Chien – completely New to me. Great Heartattack Mac which made me want to hear Black to Comm. A shame they disn't play ASFE which is growing from a decent single to a great song.

Kid A
                Participant

Wow, that’s the setlist I want for Bremen as well!

Just throw in Greener somewhere and I’m the happiest guy on the planet :D

ijustpop
                  Participant

Loved heaRING Manmover and Upstairs/Downstaira fleshed out. Missed another guitarist, especially on Lacuna where Snah played his solo (poorly?) over the quiet parts. Best thing about this show was the seated venue. Very very quiet audience (Saturday night??) and a room + PA which lends itself to lower volumes. The low volume dynamics and details of the sound was miles and miles better than anything I've heard at an MP-show before. They need to come back and explore/take advantage of this again! And for the umptenth time I was boken away by the tightness and TRØKK from the three guys on stage (and the stummende is new!!)

otherdemon
                    Participant

@Devotional: They also played Cloudwalker in the middle of the 1st set. I think

maybe between The Cuckoo and Up/Down.

HBM: Bent played keys on it, while Snah fiddled around with his effect pedals.

One person only in the merch stand when you have an exclusive tour only EP out? Really?

Massive fucking queues all over. What a retarded decision. I missed the beginning of Manmower because of that.

I have to admit I've seen better shows. It was all just a continous all-out attack "wall of sound" in your face the entire show. Little dynamics and time to breathe, really. And the sound was meh where I was sitting.

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but I just didn't get that "a-ha" feeling that I usually do at a MP concert. Or maybe I'm just spoiled, I don't know.

Highlights: Dream Home, Un Chien, Manmower, Lacuna (all fantastic and top notch)

Lowlights: Hell 1-3 (a 15 minute waste of time), Feel (tossed off in a hurry), HBM (too fast and chaotic to ever be an emotional climax as last encore, Rockefeller '16 was way better)

Tomas did a fine job, at least.

Nope; Motorpsycho concert seated doesn't do it for me and to have half an hour break after a phenomenal Chien de Space really killed the concert atmosphere totally. Yet, they really managed fine to take on the lead again after the break. I never quite understand why the Norwegian and especially the Oslo crowd always needs to be so talkative, something that would not happen in Eindhoven, Bremen, Tilburg or Brussels.

Congratulations Tomas!!! What a punch that drummer has even though his drumming with Yodok III or Werl appears to me much more intensive and creative! I've taken on the journey from Germany or Sweden to See MP in Norway many times and usually I drove back with a smile on my face, exhausted and sweaty. Today I felt pretty bored on my seat and maybe Bent felt the same when he asked the crowd : "Have you already fallen asleep". Happy to have the chance to see them in Stockholm at Strand in a few weeks; than on the other hand, Stockholm has not been the most memorable city for Motorpsycho concerts. Good were the days when still living in Belgium, The Effenaar, 013, Botanique, Live Music Hall, Patronats were all on reach on one tour. After last years HBM tour 12" mania I was more than surprised and after 50 minutes in a queue also pretty pissed off that there is as only one person in the mercy stand taking payments by card and mobile!!! Unbelievable! Sorry, didn't want to spoil it!

Devotional
                      Participant

@otherdemon, well spotted! I was typing on my phone on the way home, and it went a bit fast. Updated the post.

HBM was supposed to end set 2, with "Feel" being a possible encore, but they changed that around.

Re: "Hell, Part 1-3", I don't normally disagree with you on a lot of things, but that was by far the biggest (positive) surprise of the show for me. I never cared for it before (to put it mildly), either on the record or live, but tonight it was astounding imho.

The setlist might not look super-exciting on paper, but it worked so well in the context of Konserthuset, with the room and the seated audience, set 1 in particular had an excellent flow to it. I passed a guy with a t-shirt that read "Do The Epic Stuff", and they definitely did. I suppose one man's "wall of sound" is another man's psychedelic heaven, or maybe you were unlucky with the sound. The sound was really good in the middle of row 9 where I sat, save from the drums. The snare in particular was drowning quite a bit. I also got the impression that Tomas struggled a bit with the monitor. He did signal as much at one point during set 2, and he wasn't totally in sync with Bent during the build-up in Un Chien (an otherwise AMAZING K9 style "Faster / Rounder"-section).

Highlights for me: "Un Chien", "Intrepid Explorer" (WOW), "Heartattack Mac", "Hell", the ending of "Ship Of Fools", the mid-part of "Here Be Monsters". I agree that the opening of HBM was better at RF16, but the middle was super-intense here, and Tomas sitting down between Bent and Snah at the end was a beautiful moment. "Manmower" was also better here than RF16.

ijustpop
                        Participant

Regarding the 20min intermission after Un Chien: I loved it, but I degree that Manmower suffered from it. They need tonplay anlonger song AS 1st song after the break. Starting with Inteepid Explorer and them Manmover would have breen better.

And regarding the show being an all out attack fest: I partially agree (The Tower songs are HEAVY) and after Geb every MP show I've seen have been like that – at least the Rockefeller + varous Østlandet-gigs. I didn't see any of the Blissard-gigs with Reine Fisk which probably was a big mistake.

(I keep forgetting that TM-show at Øya which made me cry and the great Demon Box thing at Høvikodden).

Don't think I'll bother with another Rockefeller show unless they do a Trust Us redux tour or something.

I sat dead center on the 4th row and didn't hear any of that Bent-at-Rockefeller-bassrumble that drownes all nuances.

ijustpop
                          Participant

Yeah, Thomas had an annoying rattling in his snare drum.

set list from TOS…

THE TOWER

DREAM HOME

CUCKOO

UPSIDE DOWNSTAIRS

CLOUDWALKER

HELL 1-3

K-9

—-SET II

manower

INTREPEND. EXP

BARTOK

HEARTATTACK MC.

LACUNA

SHIP OF FOOLS

FEEL

HBM II

After TOS's set list….amazing sound and audience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994