Darmok

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31530
    Darmok
    Participant

@supernaut

Agreed on The Slow Phaseout, it's a beautiful pop/rock song that manages to be both catchy and engaging, also because (imho) it's not so totally predictable or just plain boring as some other tunes from that era (yeah, you guessed it, Up/Down :lol: ). And about Neverland, for all that it's a very simple, easy-listening song, it's a fun one, I don't particularly love it but I don't get all the hate it receives either. Of course I still prefer the 93-98 period, truly a golden era, even though I couldn't experience it directly since I was very young. :D

As for different tastes, I think it's one of the best qualities of MP to be so appealing to virtually any kind of true music lover. Also, one of the things I love most about them is that they never lost touch with any side of their past career. I like the fact that they're still playing regularly songs from the very beginning (even Blueberry Daydream!) and also songs from the "pop" era even if they're quite different from their new music. And most importantly, they're very often creative about it and do wonderful reinventions such as "Cornufornia" or "Uberpilgrim" (such a pity this was played only on one tour and never officially released – if I'm not mistaken).

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31518
      Darmok
      Participant

@pfnuesel

You're right, for once I love both Starhammer and the Unicorn and I could never grow tired of them. I'm totally with you on Ratcatcher though, I still have to find someone who actually likes that song. :lol:

in reply to: 2017-11-04 The Cage Theatre Livorno #31471
        Darmok
        Participant

@supernaut, thanks! Hoping for a full audio recording to surface on Dime. ;)

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31514
          Darmok
          Participant

@Blashyrkh

Sorry, I'm not clicking play on that. :lol: I've seen it live twice (the first was in that same '14 tour) and it was two times more than I needed. :P To each his own I guess, it's not like there's scarcity with MP. ;)

From the same era I'd have preferred something else from Phanerothyme, Painting the Night Unreal and The Slow Phaseout being my favourite picks. Or even Stained Glass, I'm certainly not the biggest LTEC fan but at least it would've been a first for me.

Oh, and I wish they'd keep track of where they play what! :lol: I mean, K9 is great, out-of-this-world and everything else, but it was also the 3rd time in the 4 last Milan shows, and given that it takes up nearly 1/4 of the show I really wish I could hear something different without being forced to follow them on tour. :D (which would be great, but, sadly, very unpractical at this point).

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31512
            Darmok
            Participant

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one who HATES Upstairs/Downstairs? :P To be brutally honest, if I never heard that tune again it would be too soon.

Vortex Surfer was truly fantastic though, sixth MP concert for me, finally got to hear it! :D

in reply to: 2017-11-04 The Cage Theatre Livorno #31469
              Darmok
              Participant

Is there any recording for this show? The setlist looks terrific and I'm sure that the short opening set by Geb was a treat! You guys were lucky, I'd choose this over Trezzo (the show I went to) every day of the week. ;)

in reply to: The Tower #30558
                Darmok
                Participant

Thanks SO much GBD! :D

in reply to: The Tower #30556
                  Darmok
                  Participant

Hi! Could anyone be so kind as to post the lyrics for the album here somewhere? Someone in this thread said that they are in the sleeve, but I guess this is true only for the vinyl version, those of us who can only get CDs are not so lucky. So any help here would be much appreciated, thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994