Valderrama

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Doornroosje NL 8 dec 2018 #34625
    Valderrama
    Participant

Snah & Reine Victims of Rock

in reply to: Doornroosje NL 8 dec 2018 #34624
      Valderrama
      Participant

IMG_6450_edit.jpg

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33808
        Valderrama
        Participant

Paradiso is very much alive. I believe that the last time MP played the main venue was in 2010, HMF tour

in reply to: Motorpsycho and Rush #33715
          Valderrama
          Participant

One of the things I fail to understand is how continued (economic) growth in the long run could ever be consistent with the fact that our planet does not increase in size.

Unless from evolutionary perspective we accept that sooner or later our species will collapse.

What's striking to me is that there does not seem to be a single country that substantially explores this problem, let alone substantially transitions into the new balance that would be required. Yes, plenty of great initiatives on climate adaptation, plastic soup, eating animals, poverty reduction, sustainable entrepreneurship, etc., but in the end most likely futile as long as economic growth is perceived an axiom we cannot do without.

I'd be interested in Norman & Punj's views on this. Is any of us here familiar with the concept of doughnut economics?

Meanwhile, lets's not forget why we are here, so please do continue the much more interesting discussion on how Rush is inspired by Motorpsycho :)

in reply to: Motorpsycho and Rush #33713
            Valderrama
            Participant

One of the best books I have ever read is the Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein. As far as possible, it has made me understand the state of the world as it currently is, based on recent history and including the development of modern day geopolitics.

in reply to: That Motorpsychodelic Drug thing… #33391
              Valderrama
              Participant

Wise & beautiful words Punj Lizard. You are a joy to read.

in reply to: Hey everyone (new member saying hello) #33066
                Valderrama
                Participant

Thanks so much, wonderfully written!

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #32041
                  Valderrama
                  Participant

Probably not a coincidence but fun to mention anyway: 577 backers!

in reply to: Roadburn set #32915
                    Valderrama
                    Participant
                      in reply to: Roadburn set #32912
                      Valderrama
                      Participant
                        in reply to: Roadburn set #32910
                        Valderrama
                        Participant

The Roadburn show was absolutely magical. The guys played the main stage which is a huge venue, capacity about 3000. Even though it was still early and beautifully sunny & hot outside, there must have been over 1500 inside for MP and they were just into it. People from all over the world, coming to this special festival, and on that day being exposed to Motorpsycho. Young, middle aged, older, men, women, girls, boys, a wonderfully mixed crowd. It was a joy to see Motorpsycho perform and the response they got. Front rows to way back & balconies. Imagine that during the quieter parts you could hear a pin drop. With 1500 people present! A thing I had never experienced so strongly as during this festival. No better proof I think of how passionate and respectful Roadburners are about music and particularly about what they witnessed during MPs show.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994