Hyena

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Hyena
    Participant

awesome! i knew this was a good idea. haven’t plowed through it all yet but i really like what i’ve heard so far! e.g. zenerswoon sounded fantastic! gonna go though it all by and by.

and though im not currently in a band as mentioned i could post a link to my latest band closer –> http://www.myspace.com/closersounds – where i handled the vocals. not very motorpsychoish though.

putting a new band together, but nothing is set yet. showing withdrawal symptoms from not making music in a while :).

in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Setlists #15223
      Hyena
      Participant

done!

in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Setlists #15221
        Hyena
        Participant

yeah, someone posted they might have quoted the alchemyst but not played the whole thing so i put it in there, but maybe i should take it out seeing as they didnt really play the actual song…

in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Setlists #15219
          Hyena
          Participant

thanks hovmod, fixed it.

also added trondheim.

in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Setlists #15217
            Hyena
            Participant

makes sense :) maybe i shoulda read the post before i asked… thanks otherdemon!

in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Setlists #15215
              Hyena
              Participant

added the copenhagen gig, but i just took a wild guess where the encore break was (if there in fact was one). anyone know?

in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Setlists #15210
                Hyena
                Participant

@otherdemon, thanks! added it!

as for what was played where when I just used the reports on this board and put it all together. whether or not it’s 100% correct or not I wouldn’t know, just wanted to keep ’em all in one place. post corrections if you got ’em.

and yeah, waiting for the denmark report.

in reply to: January new album!!! #14723
                  Hyena
                  Participant

If Motorpsycho would’ve asked me “How would you like our next record to sound?” I probably would have answered something like: “A thorough prog rock effort with a jazzy touch. Great production and heavily orchestrated with the use of mellotrons, synths etc. The first half feature some organic and open improvs, the second half more composed ultimately climaxing in a sweet and sticky synth-prog-overload in the last track”. :)

Then i’d probably add “Oh, and could you get Hanne Hukkelberg to sing on it?”…

in reply to: January new album!!! #14687
                    Hyena
                    Participant

looks like christmas is in januari next year!

seriously stoked!

in reply to: New T-Shirt on 20th years tour #13900
                      Hyena
                      Participant

yeah when i bought that one he hadnt put it up because he thought they sold out, but i asked for it so he searched his computer, saw there were 2 left, medium size, and found ’em in a box… this was after norway.

in reply to: New T-Shirt on 20th years tour #13895
                        Hyena
                        Participant

the back of the new tour t-sirt

4lc.jpg

in reply to: Stockholm Debaser 29 oct #14342
                          Hyena
                          Participant

also i think they walked out after taifun, making loneliness the only encore.

translated DN review:

After an hour and a half Motorpsycho play “The Alchemyst”, closing track on last year’s album, “Little lucid moments.” It’s both quantity-wise and volume-wise the climax of a concert that contains enough peaks to fill a mountain range.

The album, with a total running time of nearly an hour, is a masterpiece of the genre which Motorpsycho themselves helped to define: indie-psychedelia. Despite almost an hour of playtime the disc contains only four tracks. It allows for excursions into areas that would otherwise only be approached by a few loosely assembled groups in Canada. But unlike them Motorpsycho is almost incessantly alarming, and with an energy that sometimes becomes hypnotic, with guitarist Hans Magnus Ryan as a cross between Jimmy Page and Kevin Shields. But the group also has a more poporienterad side that is embodied in this year’s album, “Child of the Future” (which, in order to avoid unnecessary commercial success only appeared on white vinyl). This sounds more like Teenage Fanclub on speed.

Between these two levels, but with many tracks from the past, the group moves in a sparsely populated Debaser Medis. It is always charged, but the group is best when it takes time, rubs on a riff until it almost falls apart and opens up against as something else. At its best, it feels as if the trio runs on the spot while hovering just above the ground: trance rock of high tempo. That is impressive of a group that is celebrating its 20th anniversary. And leaving the stage with an audience that continues to sing along to the Moondog cover “All is loneliness” for several minutes until the curtains are drawn.

in reply to: Stockholm Debaser 29 oct #14339
                            Hyena
                            Participant

Nope sorry my bad; the review is still there.

in reply to: Stockholm Debaser 29 oct #14338
                              Hyena
                              Participant

I believe Greener was played prior to Bedroom Eyes. And yes, it was The Ocean In Her Eye, played at about twice the speed.

They seem to have removed the review from DN. Weird.

in reply to: Motorpsycho shows in Sweden in October #13760
                                Hyena
                                Participant

Amazingly awesome mighty volcano of a show last night in Stockholm! Poor attendance (120 presold tickets out of 800) didn’t seem to affect the band at all! Year Zero opened the show and All is loneliness ended it, with the crowd chanting the words as the guys left the stage. Highlights for me was The Alchemist, Kill Devil Hills (neither of them are favourites on record but something happens to them when played live!) Greener, Cornucopia and pretty much every song they played. Thank you Motorpsycho! Been waiting seven years for this, it was worth every second.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994