suntripper

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 376 through 385 (of 385 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: The Etching of the Seed-Atom #35843
    suntripper
    Participant

@Animathor – Thank you so much for alerting us to that, It's a mesmerising marriage of sounds and images. As far as the music goes – and I know comparisons are odious – it put me a little in mind of Genesis' The Waiting Room.

in reply to: The Etching of the Seed-Atom #35834
      suntripper
      Participant

@wrax – That could have been me writing that! I am in the same boat – I have found no way to hear the 'other' track from HBM vol 2. I expect my comment here without any link or suggestion will only serve to heighten your frustration. Sorry about that! I suppose the wait will just make its eventual surfacing all the more delightful for you, me and, I suspect, a fair few others.

in reply to: 2019.05.18 – Flashback Records, London #35546
        suntripper
        Participant

I should have posted here the message I posted on the Spring 2019 Tour Highlights thread. If this thread is of interest, have a look there too. Here is what I wrote there about the filming of the Flashback acoustic set. Sorry to repeat myself.

I have given Flashback Records a call. It is Kieran (sp?) there who set the whole thing up. It's not him but his boss interviewing Bent and Snah in the vid. Kieran said that John Murphy, who filmed the set, had been difficult to get hold of ever since, and said something about him going on holiday (which he had mentioned to me). Perhaps it's a long holiday. Kieran suggested it might be possible to message him through his TouTube site. I've no idea how to go about that, but he posted the interview as plain 'John Murphy' – maybe someone can give him a nudge.

Kieran said he would chase it up. If anyone feels like encouraging Kieran in this, the number for Flashback in Shoreditch is 020 3780 1900 (assuming you're calling from within the UK).

in reply to: Motorpsycho vs Blue Oyster Cult #35817
          suntripper
          Participant

Hello Tony, I'm a new UK member too (although I've lurked as a non-member for about 5 years). Glad to know you're on board. It's funny, I had been thinking about The Fleece in Bristol being perfect for Motorpsycho. Little did I know they had been there 22 years ago (thanks, kjellepelle).

I still think it would be the ideal venue outside London. Bristol, as I am sure you will know better than the rest of us, has a culture quite unique in Britain – very different from London – and is the most likely of any city in the UK, I would venture to suggest, to be fertile territory for Motorpsycho. I believ The Fleece had a sort of rebirth a few years back. It holds 450, with, these days, from what I can make out, a number of regular gig-goers. I would think plenty who make the effort to go to London would also get along to Bristol. Having seen Killing Joke at The Fleece in recent years, I can attest to there being no problems acoustically or otherwise soundwise.

I had a look at who is coming up there soon. Focus are playing, as are what is left of Love. Surely Motorpsycho could aspire to drawing something approaching the numbers those two might expect to get? (We all know that, in a sane and just world, they'd be playing the O2 Academy or Colston Hall – or whatever name they're going to come up with for that place in future.)

I wonder whether you have an angle on The Fleece? Anyway, it's iust a thought. You never know who might be reading.

in reply to: Spring 2019 tour – what were your highlights? #35767
            suntripper
            Participant

I have given Flashback Records a call. It is Kieran (sp?) there who set the whole thing up. It's not him but his boss interviewing Bent and Snah in the vid. Kieran said that John Murphy, who filmed the set, had been difficult to get hold of ever since, and said something about him going on holiday (which he had mentioned to me). Perhaps it's a long holiday. Kieran suggested it might be possible to message him through his TouTube site. I've no idea how to go about that, but he posted the interview as plain 'John Murphy' – maybe someone can give him a nudge.

Kieran said he would chase it up. If anyone feels like encouraging Kieran in this, the number for Flashback in Shoreditch is 020 3780 1900 (assuming you're calling from within the UK).

in reply to: Spring 2019 tour – what were your highlights? #35765
              suntripper
              Participant

A footnote to the question of whether the Flashback set was successfully filmed. The guy with the camera – John Murphy – told me he was filming at the request of the Flashback store manager. Perhaps we should start politely pestering Flashback Records (the Shoreditch branch) to see if they know what has come of it. I think I'll have a go, but some other enquiries wouldn't go amiss.

in reply to: Spring 2019 tour – what were your highlights? #35764
                suntripper
                Participant

Thank you Punj Lizard. What a great way to be welcomed to the forum! I lurk no more! Considering it was an mp3 player with a built-in mic, you did an excellent job. It really brings back the feeling in the room, like I'm there again. I approve of the FLAC format too. I would like to think that you typify all followers of Motorpsycho. Going by the three gigs I've been to so far (four if you count Flashback), they are a good bunch. Hey, WE are a good bunch! If I can ever return the favour, I'd be more than happy.

in reply to: Spring 2019 tour – what were your highlights? #35760
                  suntripper
                  Participant

Punj Lizard – I'm not Warren. I don't know who those other guys are… I'm Simon. Glad to learn someone else still lives in this country and has good taste. Really appreciate your efforts on my behalf.

in reply to: Spring 2019 tour – what were your highlights? #35757
                    suntripper
                    Participant

Right, I gather from pfnuesel's message that I need to put my e-mail address here, but in a way that is not easily copiable – by a robot, I am guessing. So, give me something to hold on to … I'll take my chances. Hope I don't get a ton of spam now!

I might have chatted to you on the day, Punj Lizard, but, as someone who only got bitten by the Motorpsycho bug about four or five years ago (how I curse our ignorant music press and media over here – all those years denied me!) I am unable to tie up any faces with any names or IDs on here. It's cheeky of me to ask, I know.

in reply to: Spring 2019 tour – what were your highlights? #35753
                      suntripper
                      Participant

OK, Punj Lizard, you've finally flushed me out. I had to register after reading your post. I was at that memorable London acoustic show. I literally begged both Bent and Snah to keep coming over to England-land. They assured me they would. They make a loss coming over here and do it for love. They've had problems with promoters. I guess you probably know all this already, but it might be interesting for someone to read. John Murphy, who posted the Flashback interview, told me after the gig that he would upload the show he had filmed, once he got back from his holiday, assuming it had 'come out alright'. Four weeks on and I am losing hope that we will get to see it now. I read your act of kindness towards the visitant. I would so love to have a copy of your recording as a souvenir. I don't know about the etiquette or protocol here, so forgive me if I'm blundering in like an oaf.

Viewing 10 posts - 376 through 385 (of 385 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994