Matn

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 2019-10-19 Den Hague, Paard #36308

Ever since I first saw MP back in 93, I've tried to pick up at least 2 concerts every year they visit Holland or more, over these almost 3 decades I must have seen them something around 60-70 times. I am not the average everything is glitter and gold type of 'fan', especially the festival gigs I usually feel can be a bit disappointing…they often need an hour or so to 'get into the groove' (reminds me of the 80-ties disco set after the MP gig in The Hague. Smaller clubs are the way to go Paard is such a club.

This gig, the last of their tour I felt was maybe not as good as a month before in Amsterdam…. at least the first 1-1.5 hour wasn't, sound not as good, vibe at first a bit off……..until Starhammer a great jam session which went into '4 mad man' which I like to refer to as ehm, 'f#@k it all', cause it sounds like f#@k it all, heavy guitars, feedback, rifs and more ongoing heavy guitars. Psychotzar after, again heavy rifs going into The Wheel, the wheels came off. I remember seeing Demon Box performed live, Un Chien d'espace, Hogwash…. but The Wheel in this last show had a length and intensity I've maybe never experienced before, for all I care they could have played it all night long. Fools Gold…more intense than Amsterdam, probably as it was the last gig of the tour. Well worth the 5h drive, a great show, with especially the last 1.5 hour a great crowd and an overall mindblowing intensity I rarely see with other bands.

Today my wife woke me up, with some wonderful news..

in reply to: Paradiso-Noord 30-09-19 #36136

Seen them about 4 times since their last gig in Paradiso 2017, the sound in Paradiso is perfect from the get go and much better than the average modern venues to my opinion. 'New' drummer Thomas certainly has found his place and drums with way more confidence. Motorpsycho played one of their better gigs, their enthusiasm reflected on the crowd which was absolute silent during the last song Foold Gold. My highlight of this evening was the outro of Pacific Sonata… Lo making his guitar sound like singing whales. Of to Hengelo I'm afraid… must be close to my 70-tiest gig…

in reply to: 2019-10-05 Arnhem, Willemeen #36174

Bonny Lee is in fact a B-side from Hyena 2006.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994