joeri

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: January new album!!! #14997

It’s not very cool to be the negative one in a thread that’s overloaded with lavish reviews, but I don’t like it much. Of course I still need some time to let it sink in but I have a bad feeling about this.

As much as I love the band this just doesn’t do it for me. It’s fairly overproduced and unnatural sounding. The snare drum is the worst of all, it’s really polished and it hardly sounds like a snare. Guitar sound is cool though. Some of the riffs are very generic and boring. The jamming is aimless. X3 has to be the worst thing they ever recorded, I don’t understand why there have to be 4 verses that are almost exactly the same, based on a riff that anyone could have written.

I really like the song Close your Eyes, also in this short version, but even that’s kind of killed by the production. Too sweet. The bombproof roll and beyond is a nice song though, WBAT and Gullible’s Travels are quite good too.

Anyway of all the things I’ve seen on the internet I seem to be the only one that doesn’t like it as much as the previous albums. The band still deserves all the praise they’re getting and just a few months ago one of my favourite gigs in years took place which was by Motorpsycho, so i’m not losing hope.

in reply to: Deventer, Burgerweeshuis – 15.11.2009 #15260

For those of you who understand Dutch: my review.

http://cut-up.com/2009/11/motorpsycho-wars-van-trends-een-ouderwetse-vaste-waarde/

Pics to be added later!

in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Setlists #15220

No Alchemyst in Deventer as far as I can remember!

in reply to: Your band #15330
    in reply to: Deventer, Burgerweeshuis – 15.11.2009 #15245

I thought it was a fantastic gig. Last time I saw them was last year in Tivoli, Utrecht, and the sound in that venue sucks so much that it spoiled the gig for me. This was the first time I could actually hear how much of a virtuoso Kapstad is. This was probably the tightest show I’ve ever seen of them, they were all in absolute top form. It couldn’t go wrong to begin with, one of my favourite bands playing just around the corner from where I live, having a 20 year oeuvre to select my favourite songs from, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I even met Bent in my local supermarket before the gig started, that was pretty bizarre.

I made a lot of pics, put them online here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13760265@N07/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994