stereosofa

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 163 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41088
    stereosofa
    Participant

:mp:
      :yahoo:
      Strikingly small clubs, by the way. I wonder what awaits us there? Nice little acoustic tour?

Current press photo in duo mode, anyway:
      Motorpsycho©TerjeVisnes.JPG

in reply to: Tomas off? #40917
      stereosofa
      Participant

google translate:

From Adressa.no

Motorpsycho goes from three to two: – Maybe the best we’ve had

In an Instagram post published on Sunday evening, Motorpsycho announces that they are parting ways with Tomas Järmyr after six years.

photo
        In 2022, Motorpsycho released “Ancient Astronauts”. Now three becomes two.

The Swede took over the drums after Kenneth Kapstad left the band in 2017. In addition to his time in Motorpsycho, he has played with Årabrot, Black Moon Circle and Yodok, among others. Together with Motorpsycho, he has six releases. The most recent of them, “Ancient Astronauts”, garnered good reviews when it was released last year

– Good luck in future escapades
        The post, which is signed Bent Sæter and Hans Magnus Ryan, is a picture of Järmyr. Below, they thank drummer Tomas Järmyr for the collaboration.

“We thank TJ for six years of service on board the mothership, and wish him the best of luck in his future escapades as everyone’s favorite freelance drummer. We wish you the best of luck, Tomas – hope you find more meaning, joy, creative fulfillment and happiness out there than we were able to offer.”

Preparing for tour
        Bent Sæther says to Adresseavisen that Järmyr “is perhaps the best drummer we’ve had”.

But;

– Eventually it turned out that we were too different in method, interests, commitment and ambitions for us to continue together. We wish him the best of luck in the future and are sure that he will find lots of other things and many others that suit him better

Who will eventually replace Järmyr is not yet known.

– We are now on our way to India on a two-week tour and continue with our work, says Sæther.

Tomas Järmyr currently does not wish to comment on the matter

in reply to: Tomas off? #40911
        stereosofa
        Participant

By the way: last night I dreamt that I met KK at some kind of garden party. And he revealed to me – as if we were confidants – that he was going to return to Motorpsycho, but that it was still a secret. Crazy but somehow soothing.
          But also I would say that Tomas was/is the best drummer Motorpsycho had. What a pity.

in reply to: Tomas off? #40908
          stereosofa
          Participant

Where does the information come from that they don’t pay him enough? Is that proven or just conjecture?

in reply to: Tomas off? #40902
            stereosofa
            Participant

What?! I’m shocked. :wacko: But also deeply grateful for all his contribution and the great pleasure it gave us.
              Have this “Oh, no. Please don’t” feeling I had when KK left. But from all good experience we have long known: there is always a next level. Again and again. Round and round and round we go…
              :mp:

in reply to: Upgrade tonight #40518
              stereosofa
              Participant

But the avatar has disappeared. And I have not yet been able to restore it. :wacko: Well, it will be alright…

in reply to: Upgrade tonight #40516
                stereosofa
                Participant

works for me

:yahoo:

thanks for your support

in reply to: 2022-05-24 Bielefeld Forum #39981
                  stereosofa
                  Participant
                    Quote:
                    Please tell me someone recorded this.

Yes. Spacebandit did a recording.

in reply to: 2022-05-24 Bielefeld Forum #39980
                    stereosofa
                    Participant

Dank State

Sunchild

Spin Spin Spin

Babylon

Lady May

Whip That Ghost

The Magpie

Hell 1-3

United Debased

> Hell 7: Victim of Rock

Lacuna Sunrise

Überpilgrim

X3

Delusion

> Huge H

> Nox

Whole Lotta Diana

You Lied

Black To Comm

3:21

What a blast of a show through all levels of strength and gentleness.

(First four songs acoustic.

On A Plate as first encore on the setlist but not played.)

in reply to: MÃ¥nefestivalen, MÃ¥nehagen 30.07.2021 #38968
                      stereosofa
                      Participant

So good to see them on the ride again. Even if the setting reminds a little bit on Motörhead playing german TV show "ZDF Fernsehgarten" 1981 https://youtu.be/1XUlEBAZnbY

Those folks definitely had a blast!

:lol:

in reply to: Leipzig Conne Island 16.10.2019 #36266
                        stereosofa
                        Participant

As you might know this show was recorded by the german radio station Deutschlandradio for a future broadcast. Here is a little snippet from the mixing session provided by Tim Schauen of Deutschlandradio via facebook. Looks/ sounds promissing: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10218081636663703&id=1570834259.

in reply to: Roadwork VI – or "what blew our minds on Crucible II"? #36352
                          stereosofa
                          Participant
                            Quote:
                            I want an official live version of Fool's Gold… Live that song turns from a nice little acoustic ditty into an absolute Monster on par with Vortex Surfer!

I guess the version Bernie recorded in Leuven on 22-05-19 maybe is the best ever (imo). Definetly worth getting the official Roadwork treatment. :MPD:

MOTORPSYCHO live@"depot"-LEUVEN 22-05-19 FOOLS GOLD

in reply to: Roadwork VI – or "what blew our minds on Crucible II"? #36339
                            stereosofa
                            Participant

You lied from Bremen with Tomas' drum solo was Killer (especially with the woman yelling "Tomas!" at its peak-check out spacebandit's recording) and deserves a proper live release (imo).

in reply to: 16.5.2019 Markthalle Hamburg #35487
                              stereosofa
                              Participant

@Netsrak: A band? Maybe. I thought immediately to the

Leader of the geese from Nils Holgersson, the old and

venerable Akka of Kebnekaise

in reply to: 16.5.2019 Markthalle Hamburg #35486
                                stereosofa
                                Participant

Great night indeed. Overwhelmingly great. Pure love. You lied-Hogwash-Btc-ride was killer!

Was there a recording made by any of you guys?

By the way: Nice pre show meeting at Max & Co. :cheers: @netsrak Thanks for the reservation and bringing us together. Psychonauts unite.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 163 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994