Carl Kristian Johansen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Norwegian articles on Motorpsycho translated to english will be published this week as a build up to the release, on my blog: http://evilcityblog.blogspot.com/

in reply to: Snah touring with Susanna Wallumrød #19539

A couple of Interesting reviews on the record.

Regional daily Fædrelandsvennen in the town of Kristiansand is of the opinion that Ryan lifts the quality of the band with high quality and moody playing.

While the critic in Morgenbladet, a quality weekly in Oslo, writes that Ryan has a limited register as guitarist and only contributes with a stench of "old man's rock, an art he has been practicing in conservative band Motorpsycho for two decades".

Neither available on the web. Haven't found the time to listen to record yet.

in reply to: rw4 #18913

Rumour picked up at by:Larm:

80 minutes

6 tracks

2xLP

1CD

8. april

in reply to: if you could make an Motorpsycho Anthology album #18161

Me and friend and MP lover Magnus decided to wrap a MP gift to each other this christmas. One 80-minute cd-r does not exactly honor the anthology dogma of this excellent thread, but it created interesting challenges regarding how to compose a "short" record out of the massive MP archive.

I decided to compose a sci-fi/pulp album, with a couple of cats in the middle, and finally named it after the Philip K. Dick novel The Crack in Space translated to french. Here it is, Bréche Dans L'Espace:

-Starhammer

-Bomb-Proof Roll and Beyond (For Arnie Hassle)

-Funk'99

-Doffen Ah Um

-Un Chien d'Espace/Have Space Suit Will Travel/Ohm's Concerto for Alto and Soprano Saw

-The Ocean In Her Eye

-Valis

in reply to: Stavanger concert #18649

As far as I can remember Hogwash included a neat dive into Halleluwah/Can.

in reply to: Øyafestivalen #16498

Ballade.no melder at Motorpsycho spiller Timothy’s Monster som siste konsert pÃ¥ Øyafestivalen lørdag 14. august.

Motorpsycho round up Øya as they play Timothy’s saturday august 14. More on Ballade.no:

http://www.ballade.no/nmi.nsf/doc/art2010050706520680601968

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994