Roadburn

Home Forums General Roadburn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    nicoot
    Participant

Just got the Stickman newsletter which says MP will be playing Roadburn 2018!

I'd include a screen shot but somehow I can't…

Punj Lizard
      Participant

Thanks for the heads-up.

I just turned down going to Roadburn with a bunch of friends – the guys that got me into MP. They're going to be so pleased. I might have to change my plans :)

Alright then! Was already planning to go one day at least, so this will make it somewhat easier to pick one!

pfnuesel
        Participant

What day will they play?

Amazing news!

Roadburn is the best place in the world!

My friends and I agreed that this year was the best edition ever but with Motorpsycho, GYBE!, Bell Witch, Hell (USA), Jarboe, Joy, Earthless, "the Japanese psychedelic experience" etc it'll be yet another amazing Festival! It's my home away from home!

Motorpsycho play on the first day!

Punj Lizard
          Participant

@Dense_Fog How do you know they're playing on the first day? Is that confirmed?

I'm sorry – it's not confirmed and there is no confirmation from the Roadburn staff yet! I just assumed that Stickman is correct in the latest newsletter saying that April 19th is the day Motorpsycho play! They also mention that a bunch of tour dates will be announced soon….fingers crossed for a even bigger tour of Europe in 2018!

Punj Lizard
            Participant

@Dense-Fog I don't see that the Stick Man newsletter mentions the specific date. It says 19-22.04.18. Of course, being Roadburn, there's the possibiity they might play twice, as some of the other bands will. I hope so.

Ah, sorry – I didn't read the newsletter really – just scrolled down to the tour dates and let out a happy growl when I read that Motorpsycho would return to the Festival! Who knows – Spidergawd might play too – They usually do a lot of mash-ups – various clinics, solo shows…since Zola Jesus will play I'm hoping that Jex Thoth will return as well since they have the same drummer in their live band!

Roadburn is the place where dreams come true! My friends from the record store that started going to the Festival years before I did talked about how the main stage would be perfect for a GYBE!-show and in 2018 it'll finally happen!

Perhaps they might be doing something exclusive, like a lot of other bands do quite often on Roadburn. 10 bucks on a Demon Box set!

Punj Lizard
              Participant

According to setlist.fm, last time they played Roadburn (2009) they played just four tracks:

Triggerman

She Left on the Sun Ship

Plan #1

Riding the Tiger

But that's setlist.fm, and I have no further information – e.g. how long the set was (I'm guessing only an hour?) or if they played a second set.

Punj Lizard
                Participant

I've never been to Roadburn and know next to nothing of the other bands announced so far (with the sole exception of Earthless). The friends who got me into MP are all going and I trust their opinions. However, I'm much more into the psych experience than the doom/metal so I'm hoping there'll be enough of the former to keep me interested, especially given the price, fare and hotel expenses!

Johnny_Heartfield
                  Participant

According to past experiences you can expect a MP festival gig of around 90 – 100 minutes. That's approximately the time the played at Herzberg in 08,11 and 15, at Freak Valley 14 and at the first Krach am Bach festival. Not sure about the last one.

Tomcat
                    Participant

I have to check my shelves but I remember they played around 2 hours and the setlist was quite far out, including a couple of unheard tracks (from COTF). Only one show by mp that year.

Punj Lizard
                      Participant

@Johnny – In my experience, the length of festival sets is determined by (a) the organisers and tend to be from 1 to 2 hours depending also on (b) the position on the bill – obviously the bigger acts get longer sets.

@Tomcat – setlist.fm lists a number of MP gigs in 2009. :/

Any chance of seeing either of you there?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994