A Boxful of Demons

Home Forums General A Boxful of Demons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    boomer former helm
    Participant
      Aki
      Participant

Yeeaahhhhhhh!

repost for non fb people please

boomer former helm
        Participant

the post seems to be removed.

ThorEgil
          Participant

38620197104_647fa60383_b.jpg

There was some detail illustrations of the box contents that were removed. LPs, CDs, Bluray, and a book. Two different boxes – with and without the LPs I assume.

It's a crowdfunding thing, apparently coming soon at funde.no Set up by Christer Falck who also has done some MP crowdfunding projects earlier.

Krist Rampage
            Participant

Link

Above link should work. The post was not removed. Very curious for what this release is.

Elvin
              Participant

Check out this interview with author Lars Ramslie http://npsmusic.no/topp-20-lars-ramslie/

For tiden avslutter jeg en essaysamling om «Demon Box» som skal ut sammen med en liveboks til 25-år jubileummet til Motorpsychos musikalske milepæl, og det var vel med Matt Burts bidrag på denne platen («Plan#1») at jeg virkelig fikk øynene opp for albumet. Det var en måte å tenke både tekst og musikk på som traff meg veldig. Det var slik jeg eksperimenterte med tekst og musikk selv den gangen, bare at på denne platen var det så mye, mye bedre. Men «Plan#1» er et vanskelig og problematisk stykke musikk og tekst, langt mer enn jeg kan komme inn på her, det får heller plass i essaysamlingen. Burts egen tekst, fortsatt innlest på diktafon, «Plan#2» fra albumet «Grumpy Groovy» følger opp langt mer stillferdig, og fremstår nesten som en ettertanke etter den ekstatiske støyklassikeren. Men er også et tjenende eksempel på hvordan ord kan bli musikk (på lik linje med den diskré lydkulissen i bakgrunnen).

google translated to this :

At the moment, I finish an essay collection on "Demon Box", which will be released along with a live box for the 25th anniversary of Motorpsychos musical milestone, and Matt Burt's contribution to this album ("Plan # 1") was really eyes up for the album. There was a way to think of both text and music that hit me very much. That was the way I experimented with text and music myself that time, just that on this album it was so much, much better. However, "Plan # 1" is a difficult and problematic piece of music and text, far more than I can get in here, it will also fit into the essay collection. Burt's own text, still on the dictaphone, "Plan # 2" from the album "Grumpy Groovy" follows up far more quietly, and appears almost as a reflection of the ecstatic noise classic. However, it is also a useful example of how words can become music (similar to the discreet audio background in the background).

supernaut
                Participant

Want! Bad!

Devotional
                  Participant

This could be absolutely sensational! The mind boggles!

supernaut
                    Participant

Absolutely! Hans told me about 2 or even 3 years ago about the possibility of a DB-on-DVD release. But I guess it's probably still in project stage, then fundraising, then assembling, then designing and whatnot… so I guess it won't happen before 2019. :(

ThorEgil
                      Participant
                        ThorEgil
                        Participant

More info – http://www.facebook.com/InTheMotorpsychoFamily/posts/738558919670666

From the description:

"In a few days, this beautiful box will be crowdfunded.

1000 lim. ed LP-box sets (300 gold vinyl/certificate (the first 100 are signed by the extended band + the author Lars Ramslie, 700 black vinyl)

1000 lim. ed CD box sets (incl. 300 with numbered certificates (100 of them signed)

Contains:

3 x 180 gram LP's in a gatefold sleeve, 3 books written by LLars Ramslie (in Norwegian only), Blue ray & 2CD's "Live at Rockheim" and 10 postcards.

Will be available at funde.no soon."

Wow. Maybe I'm missing something, but does anybody know what exactly is on the LPs? DB?

ThorEgil
                          Participant

Only guessing – I would assume the LPs will contain the soundtrack from the Blue ray i.e. the full DB concert.

They played 3 shows, so I guess they have put together the best parts from all the shows.

supernaut
                            Participant

so it's 3 books and 1 Bluray (no DVD?) coming with either 2 CDs or 3 LPs?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994