More TITS?

Home Forums General More TITS?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    TraktorBass
    Participant

You guys think they will get back and do another Tussler album? We are four years overdue at this point (1994-2004-2014).

I sure would love me some more TITS.

Thoughts?

Punj Lizard
      Participant

I'd have to listen to those two albums a lot more before I could make a fair decision. But at the moment I'd have to say No! :D

This has nothing to do with quality; it's just a matter of taste. Though, to be honest, if that's what the guys want to do, and it makes them happy, and it keeps the juices flowing, why not?!

It seems to me that their creativity feeds on variety, so if making a new TITS album means we get more interesting MP albums after that, then I would have to say Yes! :D

boomer former helm
        Participant

I especially loved their live performances. Experienced in Dresden something like "grown-ups dance with raised hands and waving their hats wildly" ;) Musically it was kind of very close to Grateful Dead in the late 70's with 2 sets and long magic numbers paired with short songs from Country to Western… :)

So, I would love to see them live again and of course a new album would be fantastic.

Kid A
          Participant

I saw the show in Bielefeld and it was one of the most fun concerts I visited.

So I´d vote for a Special Roadwork Edition of that last tour.

ThorEgil
            Participant

This section from the Rockheim Hall of Fame interview should answer the question – https://tv.nrk.no/program/MUHU15002016/rockheim-hall-of-fame-2016#t=18m26s

I also remember asking Bent a few years back whether his involvement in Sugarfoot made it less or more likely that there would be another round of TITS. The answer, at the time, was that Sugarfoot satisfied all his urges for playing country music.

mybestfriend83
              Participant

Back then when they toured with the 2nd Tussler Album I saw them the first time live… With Gebhardt on Banjo lol..

Was a good vibe in a small Venue..

I would like to have a third Tussler Album… Want a country Version of Kill Devil Hills 😂 Would be fun…

TraktorBass
                Participant

Punj: Give the second album a chance :)

Kid A: I agree. And the Tussler live series should be called «Boobjob»

ThorEgil: Too bad. The fans want more TITS.

Everyone: Pardon the terrible, infantile puns.

Edit: Are there good tapes of the live shows floating around somewhere?

Yeah definately more! Also saw them on tour with the second album, really great concert as they lifted the music into country rock heaven at parts. Would love to listen to new stuff!

Tomcat
                  Participant

As great as the Tussler live shows were – reactivating TITS would mean laying down the mothership, and that is the very least I'd like to see coming these days. The second Tussler album fitted well in the "Lovecult self implosion". But not now with all these extraordinary news and recent live shows … Let's talk again in five years … or ten please. Then I'd be very grateful ;-)

ThorEgil
                    Participant

The last TITS album also lead up to the exit for Geb. He wanted to play more banjo while the Loud and the God wanted to get back to business.

JERO
                      Participant

Yeah, so let's hope Tomas won't pick up that washing board and head off… :lol:

ijustpop
                        Participant

That August 2003 Tussler gig at Rockefeller is one of the best MP gigs I've seen. 3 1/2 hours long if I remeber correctly. Loads of covers, good times and great gusts. The band was expanded too. Martin Hagfors, anyone else remember who else?

Perfect Roadwork release.

Was the SoWhat-gig the same year?

Was there a Tussler gig at SoWhat? I remember one at Cafe Mono – possibly in 2003.

kjellepelle
                          Participant

Seen TITS several times, always a party. There should be a unofficial(official) recording that they did at Blæst here in Trondheim . Also Student TVen with Frode Dreier (Haircuts dvd) did some filming of that evening. 2 sets and loads of guests.

TITS 1

TITS 2

But I think that chapter is closed for good, but never say never this life has shown me several times.

Punj Lizard
                            Participant

@ TraktorBass – I will definitely be giving the albums more attention, but how much? I don't know ;)

@ kjellepelle – Thanks for those two videos. I watched/listened to them this morning. I can't say they inspired me to wish for more TITS concerts. If they played in the UK I would go for the novelty value, but to be honest, there's nothing more than that to attract me. I certainly wouldn't be making any trips to mainland Europe to see them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994