2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje

Home Forums General 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    paolinogrande001
    Participant

Really, really curious about this thing tonight with Ratkje. I've not heard much of hers, but it seems to fit in really nicely with some of the more experimental early noise stuff with Deathprod. Hoping for some golden oldies tonight, Demon Box would be awesome!

otherdemon
      Participant

Well, I saw on Instagram that Lars Horntveth will join them for this gig.

I also read an interview with RuneGram where he said that they would play 2 long, separate sets. So I interpreted that as MP & Ratkje won't play together… Here's the link

And as earlier mentioned, it looks like Nasjonal Jazzscene will stream this on Youtube!

Bartok
        Participant

This will be good. YouTube link wonderful and in great quality. Already enjoying Maja Ratkje, too bad the electricity is out in my block, hope it comes back so I can fire up the batteries before MP hits the stage.. 😬 And hope some tech wizard out there can capture the entire thing and add it to YouTube permanently 🤞

boomer former helm
          Participant

getting really excited now…

TAF
            Participant

Opening with K9? It's gonna be a long ride. :P

EDIT: By the way, anyone else notice a change in the vocal sound live during the last year or so? The vocals sound like they're processed in a different way, affecting the timbre of the vocals somewhat. I'm not gonna say autotune (:P), but to my ears there's a difference, at least.

Tomcat
              Participant

I think that was introduced when they started working with Ketil, their live mixer a few years back (around "BTS/HBM"?). He's doing a good job, they sound more … harmonic indeed :-)

Tomcat
                Participant

Superb images, Snah just had Tomas' fire burning on his body :P brilliant sound and performance as well. Pouh. 25 minutes in and the dog's peak is just reached.

TAF
                  Participant

Speaking of Tomas, I notice he's all bearded up now. :P

Also, I love his drumming on K9. On the record Geb played it with a liberal sprinkling of ghost notes on the snare, rather unlike his normal drumming – and Tomas nails it.

Tomcat
                    Participant

SETLIST

Chien (26 minutes)

Cuckoo

Ship Of Fools

A Pacific Sonata

Dreamhome (newly spaced out ending)

Bardog

Starbanger (far out middle section)

Taifun

—-

The Tower

(2h15m)

TAF
                      Participant

Sounds like the sound engineer forgot to add the bass to the streaming sound. It's extremely low in the mix – so low it sounds like it's just been picked up by other microphones on stage.

The Other Anders
                        Participant

Hi fellow nerds! Glad to watch this concert together with you. Radical stuff so far, huh? Now this long play with the ending of Cuckoo. Needless to say I love it.

Tomcat
                          Participant

In der Tat, nice to meet you Anders (and TAF, yet unknown :-) ) A motorpsychedelic live concert chatroom – isn't that wonderful?!

Tomcat
                            Participant

I thought its just my small TV speakers – the sound comes directly of the mixing desk I assume, and as "Bent is loud" he is very low in the mix … the people in front of him right now will have their blood cells twisted though ;)

The Other Anders
                              Participant

Hahaha, it's quite remarkable. Even the Moog Taurus goes through, shaking Copenhagen with Ship of Fools

TAF
                                Participant

Ah yes, always nice to enjoy a friday night in the wildest way imaginable – with tea, cheese and crackers in front of the computer, geeking out on a gig with fellow psychonauts. :P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994