12.04.13: Rockefeller, Oslo

Home Forums General 12.04.13: Rockefeller, Oslo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    pfnuesel
    Participant

We're having pre beers at Mono, starting from about 7 pm. Come and join us! How you recognize us? We're speaking a strange language (Swiss-German, that is).

Welcome to Oslo guys!

Mono has one of the most expencive beer/pilsner prices in town (71 NOK), to orientation. I can for example recommend Crow Brewery in 3 minutes walking distance from Rockefeller with a beer/pilsner price of 58 NOK. Besides they have 20 really good draft beers if you're into that. On top of that it's a really cozy place. Enough promotion.

Maybe I drop by if my time schedule treats me well! Can't wait for the gig!

Here's a map to help you find Crow Brewery if it should be of any interest:

https://maps.google.no/maps?q=Torggata+32,+Oslo&hl=no&ie=UTF8&ll=59.917142,10.753537&spn=0.035924,0.132093&sll=59.917172,10.753481&gl=no&hnear=Torggata+32,+Gr%C3%BCnerl%C3%B8kka,+0183+Oslo&t=m&z=14

Best Oslo-show in years. Mind = absolutely blown to splinters

By memory:

Ratcatcher

Satan/California/Satan

August

Sinful

Drug thing

Sail on

K9 (epic!)

Barleycorn

STG

Alchemist

The other other fool

Hell 1-3

X-3

s'numbness

pfnuesel
      Participant

Great show!

Rattlesnake, thanks for your suggestion, we indeed made it to the crow brewery. Too bad those spontaneous meetings don't work out that good anymore.

Playtime was 2:35.

TAF
        Participant

They also played one of the Zappa-jams before going into California during the Cornucopia middle section. Also, x-3 was followed by the first MP-only performance of The Getaway Special.

Before the final encore, Bent mentioned that they'd only rehearsed one more song with Reine, so I guess the Rockefeller setlist will be a blueprint for the gig in Bergen.

One of the best Oslo gigs in years. A lot of long and great jams. Absolutely mindblowing show, especially K9!!! What build-up and intensity! Ratcatcher was great. The Satan medley also contained the F Zappa "King Kong" theme to my great pleasure. All "Blissard" times were played to perfection. Great to have Numbness as encore.

Gusse

otherdemon
          Participant

Setlist looks right. The only correction I have is that they also did King Kong inside Cornucopia. And they also did The Getaway Special as part of X-3.

That main set was un-fucking-real! Possibly the best one I've ever seen from the guys. The encores however did bum me out; I was hoping for something slightly different than 3 extended stoner cock-rockers. And although I think 's Numbness is a great tune, it was a bit anti-climax as a set-closer (apparently, Fiske wanted to play it)

Great concert! Ratcatcher worked better live because they shortened the outro. K9 was faaaaar out (too bad Bent broke a string near the end of the noisefest), Barleycorn was very extended with a long & cool outro jam, STG kicked ass as usual, and The Alchemyst was grand tonight. And for once, the sound was GREAT from start to finish! Sure enough loud, but able to hear nearly everything going on!

Consider me happy with tonight's performance 8)

EDIT: Courtesy of Kai, here's the setlist scan (Upstairs/Downstairs not played, replaced by 's Numbness) :

BHsGIsTCAAAdLPg.jpg

Tomcat
            Participant

Sounds very promising :-)

Reinseth
              Participant

What a show. I still can't believe how tight Kenneth's playing was.

supernaut
                Participant

wow, thanks for these reports. i almost hope they dont change that setlist. k9, stg, fool and the alchemyst!

still havent got the eggplant. grrrrr at post office. i guess i go shopping in the old fashioned way today.

wow, what a setlist!

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                  Participant

haha! hell and x-3 right after each other…when i listened to the new record for the first time i thought, that could be a nice live combination!

Evol
                    Participant

A short clip of K9: http://youtu.be/LsyLn7cVW5E

Did anyone record the set? The setlist seems so promising.. I'm a bit anxious about not getting to hear them as they haven't announced a Trondheim-concert yet..

ThorEgil
                      Participant

The Trondheim concert will be at the Pstereo festival.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994