10.10.2023 Kulturetage Oldenburg

Home Forums General 10.10.2023 Kulturetage Oldenburg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wulf
    Participant

Real Again
      Sideway Spiral III
      Patterns
      Maypole
      Dank State

Sentinels
      Serpentine
      Sail On
      Promise
      Psychotzar
      The United Debased
      Gullibles Travails
      Nothing To Say
      Lacuna/Sunrise
      Alchemyst

Inside Looking Out

2:25

• This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Wulf.
      • This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Wulf.
      suntripper
      Participant

18 Gullible minutes seen from behind the mixing desk. Thanks Ronald Kipsdorf. It’s feeling safe in Ingvald’s hands.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by suntripper.
        boomer former helm
        Participant

Again a very intense concert, with a number of highlights. The best for me was the jam part in “Lacuna/Sunrise”. They explored completely new sound worlds there. Also the jam in “Nothing to say” was incredibly good. I also really like “Sentinels” in the live version, and “Alchemyst” ad “Gullibles Travails” were killer versions.

In general you can tell that they work really hard, on coordination, arrangements and timing especially. But I find that enriching and incredibly exciting. Big ups to Ingvald, he brings new grooves and a very good feeling to the band. Not everything is 100% where it should be, but it doesn’t have to be. A band on the search.

The audience reaction was also very euphoric! A great concert evening. Now it goes to Düsseldorf.

Be
          Participant

My expectations weren’t too high, but it was a nice gig which really took off from Gullible onwards.
            Another very good Motorpsycho drummer even if he might not (yet) be up there with Kenneth and Tomas. He seemed very comfortable playing.

Good mood in the room, just a “F**k you!” to the obnoxious talkers behind me. If you want to complain about your boring work life, do it somewhere else.

Only the short encore was a bit of a let down. A cover as last song when you have so many epic closers in your repertoire?

Imo me the sound was very good!

Thanks again @Mark for gifting me his ticket!

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Be.
            Spacebandit
            Participant

Well, my first MP show in almost 18 months and some 7+ more years since the last played Oldenburg. What I remembered was the barrier in front of the stage (which was kind of low) and the balcony with a seating area. Nowadays that I more enjoy seated shows (especically with such a length), I didn’t know that there were special tickets for the balcony, which I couldn’t purchase via Eventim. So, when I wanted to enter that cozy area, the very nice security guard just said “no”. But he gave me the advise to come back later after the show started. So after about 15 min. into the acoustic set I made my second try. The guy simply nodded twoard the entrance adding “A few seats are still free”. THANK YOU!!!
              So I immediately started to unload my recording equipment and started taping.
              What recognized at the start of the electric portion was that “Uncle Fuzz” did pull his bass on level 11 of 10. Or maybe 12. Whilst the most of the show was a fine listening (another gorgeous “Lacuna/Sunrise”, I simply had problems identify “the Alchemyst” at all.
              IngWILD is a lunatic. Bashing all over, very nice to watch from the balcony.
              “Inside looking out” was a fine change from the overplayed “Rock Bottom”.
              Let’s see what’s in the bag for tonight in Düsseldorf.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Spacebandit.
              • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Spacebandit.
              suntripper
              Participant

Sentinels (Ronald Kipsdorf)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994