[misantropy] things the dutch should know

Home Forums General [misantropy] things the dutch should know

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Not being the most seasoned concertgoer there however are some points I'd like to point out to our Dutch friends:

– Talking. you are at a concert, if you need to discuss something at lenght and/or joke more than 3 back and forths amongst your pals, or even worse, someone is stuck in this obnoxious triangle of babbling morons: GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE BUILDING!

I was stuck with three or four of the worlds three our four worlds funniest dutchmen – who didn't seem to care about the band playing or having a laughter too shrill and embarrasing at all.

– FARTING: If you're fed on mustard and Gouda. Train your sphinxter. Thanks. Or see a doctor. I don't think a healthy person is able to produce that kind of smell.

Thanks.

-s

*disclaimer: may contain traces of jokes. I had a good time.

Dear Stalemate,

For one i am dutch, and i can see where your post is coming from. Dutch audience is indeed a bit 'different' then other countries.

But dont post it on a board then, and just ask the people if they could be a bit more quiet.. i dont think the entire audience of last night is listed on this forum.

I dont mind a few laughs. People are enjoying themselves.

What (for me) was more anoying, was a german guy behind me with his girlfriend (her seeing MP for the first time)After the first part of the show..

Girlfriend: are they coming back for more songs?

Boyfriend: no way, i have seen them before and they NEVER come back for an encore…

WTF????????

Btw.. loved the show, not the best MP concert is have seen/heard, but i loved how they enjoyed themselves on stage again. Snah smiled a lot, and made a rock hand signal to Kenneth. And wich was hilarious was Kenneth losing Bent out of sight because the symbals were blocking his view. the look on Kenneths face was brilliant *where the hell did bent go??*

Nice evening, good audience. GREAT BAND!

supernaut
    Participant

unfortunately that's not a Dutch only behaviour. they're everywhere. i don't get it neither why people look for a concert venue to go have a chat, especially when they have to scream to overcome the music.

and talking while a band plays softly is just as irritating. some have no attention span whatsoever.

and the farting: there was a guy once who took of his shoes off in the cinema. JESUS HOLY CHRIST!!! and it was a Blade Runner screening. it took me months to be able to watch that movie again.

Laila

there there, now you're going further than me in implying that the Dutch is a nation of farting shrill-laughing morons! give yourself some credit ;)

A few norse evil-eye did get the message across thou, and they seemed to move further back.

I haven't noticed that amount of talk/shouting before, but again, I may have struck a bad spot.

And that periodic draft of gouda and strong mustard.. will linger in my mind for a while, definitively…

-s

lol stalemate,

i am not implying, but to be honest, the dutch fart a lot! haha

you sure it was gouda and not old amsterdam cheese? :P

s_edelman
      Participant

True,

guess I was close to where you stood, as the farts were horrible there

Stalemate, I had total deja vu reading your post. From a letter I wrote a friend this past summer:

"…the crowd was fine during Ufomammut, lots of grooving, space to move, room to breathe. But during Neurosis? Every few minutes you'd get a blast of some loudmouth's beer burp or beer fart in your face and I seriously felt like I was going to puke a couple of times. It was so crowded, utterly packed, and I was stuck in the middle, towards the right."

Sound familiar? It was at the Effenaar!

Next time I will add "bring industrial strength mentholated lip balm" to the list of things to do & see in Eindhoven. Be prepared to channel your inner Agent Starling at Effenaar shows.

Or maybe a box of matches & a stun gun would be more effective?

Hope Dusseldorf isn't as whiffy…

supernaut
        Participant

seeing the dutch play football, i'm not surprised. :x

The noisy crowd is one of the reasons I did not bring my audio recording. Standing in front of the stage in the silent parts I could hear the murmur of the audience behind me and I even had my ear plugs in.

Talking heads in front of the stage, psychonaut corner, were friendly asked to shut up, most of the times they dissapeard afterwards in psychobackspace.

Good points for the singing though but also zero points for the farting. Must been collective food poisoning or a bad kebab in eindhoven.

hehe, there we go!

I was behind the soundman, slightly off to the right, not being a headbanger or groover, I prefer the calmer places, for better sound.

I'm able to tell 37 different french cheesefarts apart, the dutch I haven't finished study yet, but I'm of to a nosebleeding start, jesus rollerskating christ, could that guy break a bad one.

I'm guessing exposure to naked flame is not the way to go, but perhaps handing out champagne-cork size buttpluggs is a better option in this matter. Stun gun? I loose control of most orifices when that happens to me, so I'm not recommending it to aid this problem.

"Eindhoven, Europes Windy City"? Or perhaps Effenar should get a fan from the military surplus-store?

-s

Rob

From my experience the Effenaar crowd is a rather chatty one, even for Dutch standards. Right around me (~10th row) is was ok but the murmur from the crowd in the back reaches far. No farting where I was but I had some onions too many myself ;-)

TP.jpg

dutch girl enters topic

*farts*

leaves…

haha all this talk about a bunch of farts… I dont care, as long as i can see

MP play i am happy… even if i have to wear a gas-mask!

I witnessed some of the worst crowd behaviour EVER at the Osnabrück show yesterday. I don't get it. It perplexes me that people buy a 23 Euro ticket and chat all the way through the show, all while the band works their asses off for 2 + 1/2 hours.

Bad manners are everywhere.

Mark
            Participant

What most people don't realise is that the band hears this chatter very clearly; they don't have the benefit of the blast of the FOH speakers drowning most of it.

dinopsycho: completely agree. Dutch audience is bad (and I say that being Dutch…), Osnabruck audience was even worse yesterday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994