Psycho-social media

Home Forums General Psycho-social media

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Bob has made a few announcements: http://motorpsycho.no/2016/03/news-news/

boomer former helm
    Participant

great. can't wait for the tour and the monsters 12" :-)

ThorEgil
      Participant

Break The Net! :STG:

I'm not sure how to read your "Break the net", Thor –

But I am a little torn right now…

I am afraid that after the dissolve from the mailinglist to the old forum, to the new one I am now "forced" to get a f***ing FB-account to stay up to date or to still be able to "talk" to you guys.

I am more than sure that, even for MP, I won't do that, but it hurts a little since there's so many bands right now even that live through their FB-page and if I am not checking on a let's say: weekly basis I can't see their older messages without an account – and that sucks big time. Either way: FB-account sucks and being told how often to check in on my favourite bands sucks, too.

So, please: let's keep this forum up and running!

Are there bots available, that automatically copy FB-content to other sites, say: this forum?

Will check on that…

Peace

…well, almost looks like I solely read the social media related content of BS' post – which is not the case.

8)

Can't wait to hear HBM-songs live!

My favourite MP-record since … well – quite some time, if I honestly compare. I can only repeat myself: please play it in it's entity! That would be killer.

See you guys on the road!

ThorEgil
        Participant

Netsrak – It was more of a joke from my side. I don't really expect the same effect from Motorpsycho entering social media as from certain big-ass pictures ;)

My own motivation for using FB is mainly to follow what happens at the 20-ish clubs and venues in town (it is the main channel for concert promotion nowadays), and to see what's up with the bands and artists that interest me. And of course to push my own concert pictures onto everyone :D

I don't expect it to have any effect on this forum as a secret hideout for the nerds. (Well, "secret" to the extent that everything you write here is immediately published on a screen in the Supersonic Scientists exhibition at Rockheim).

Netsrak – The social media stuff will mainly be an addition to the existing channels of information. This forum will probably live on (as long as people keep using it…) and everything of importance will also be published on the website. The newsletter has been sleeping for a while now but who knows, we might wake it up again!

TraktorBass
          Participant

@ThorEgil: Forum posts are displayed at Rockheim?

otherdemon
            Participant
              Quote:
              @ThorEgil: Forum posts are displayed at Rockheim?

Yeah, there's an iPad in the exhibition room @ Rockheim. That iPad displays this forum.

ThorEgil
              Participant

You are all museum exhibits. Dinosaurs.

supernaut
                Participant

I suppose all news will be posted on the official MP website, and usually someone puts them in here soonafter. I don't think one misses anything without an FB account. That said I follow quite a few artists on FB and it's a nice thing, especially when they post stuff sharing news, thoughts and comments in person.

Absolutely – I didn't want to say that FB per se is a bad thing (well seeing it written down – maybe it actually IS, but I didn't mean that in my post :-) ).

Right now the internet alone is enough time consuming for me, and I know myself quite well, that FB with a band here and a music group there and maybe another one would eat up way too much of my time. That's why I have not gotten one until now and why I try to keep it that way.

Good to hear that you all think this place will stay!

…and since I consider myself a dinosaur anyway, I find it quite an amusing idea that this forum is on display at Rockheim! :cheers:

kjesso
                  Participant

@thoregil: We are all museum exhibits, and some of us even work at a museum. Well, one of us, anyway.

kjellepelle
                    Participant
                      Quote:
                      You are all museum exhibits. Dinosaurs.

Yes I am…… :? 8O

s_edelman
                      Participant

Work at a library, that's close enough I guess to be part of the Dino's

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994