02/04/2016 Rockefeller, Oslo

Home Forums General 02/04/2016 Rockefeller, Oslo

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    ThorEgil
    Participant

The panorama view.

ijustpop
      Participant

Gusse"The sound: Quite OK, but as always (at least in Rockefeller), Bents bass rumble swallows a lot of Snah details. In my opinion, I'd liked to have Snah slightly louder or to hear them in a different venue, like Sentrum Scene."

I wasn't there yesterday, but bass rumble and resonanaces is always a usually at Rockefeller. And more so With Motorpsycho (due to Bents volume and presence) than most bands. Less of a problem at Sentrum Scene. And they could easily sell out a 1600 capacity venue as well. The seated gallery would bring another couple of hundred people who've stopped going to MP shows.

supernaut
        Participant

thanks a lot for those videos! Feedtime is still so amazing.

(though I try to restrain from watching the whole Here Be Monsters due to spoiler reasons before I see it live :geek: )

Quote:
          Seems a very strange thing to limit the 12" at only 100 copies to a show that was sold out with 1300 audience, when the show is (almost) the only place to get a hold of it. They ask people to not pay silly money on ebay, but dont follow up to make it aviable at least to everyone attending the concert. I am a little bit pissed off, to be honest.

If everybody who attended the show at Rockefeller bought a copy the HBM2 release it would be sold out already. That wouldn't be fair, since it was only the second show of the tour. What about the fans at the other shows then?

A lot of the people in the merch table line at Rockefeller only bought t-shirts while HBM2 was still available. And quite a few people who go to MP shows do not buy records at all or they don't buy vinyl (even if there's a cd included). So everybody weren't there to get HBM2.

I was lucky enough to get a copy of HBM2 (plus cap, cup and buttons) after standing in line for half an hour. The band went on stage one minute after I left the merch table.

There's a copy of HBM2 for sale on Discogs for EUR 500! F#%@ing hell! And of course it's a new seller… Good luck!

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/331523492

pfnuesel
          Participant

I stop collecting as of now.

cjacob
            Participant

Som ventet….Brenn Motherfucker brenn….Dont say Motherfucker. Motherfucker.. Ahhh…

otherdemon
              Participant

Not surprised at all. But these limited edition thingies seem to become huge investment opportunities

nowadays. And Norwegians still have way too much money for their own good :lol:

Regarding the sound: I actually feel the opposite. I always get better sound @ Rockefeller than Sentrum Scene. The seated area @ SS is of course nice (for us guys getting older), but downstairs I rarely get good sound…

I stood at the top a bit to the right. And the sound was great (the only thing I didn't hear too well was Bent's mellotron). But I heard every single Snah note! And I can confirm he was indeed on fire :twisted:

jtr
                Participant

Aaout those limited and deluxe editions – thats something that annoyed me about Motorpsycho for a long time now. I love their music and I personally just wanna *hear* it. I dont think thats too much to ask – it doesnt have to come in fancy packaging (besides, apart from liner notes, nothing about their artwork was ever exciting to me anyway, I never liked Kims style), I dont care whether its vinyl, CD or download (Im no audiophile, I cant hear a difference – grats to all who can).

Songs dont get more special if a lot of potential listeners are shut out from hearing them. If you limit parts of your output from a greater audience, you gain absolutely nothing. You just lose people potentially enjoying your music.

All those editions cause is – like many pointed out – overpriced reselling and pissed off listeners, admirers and fans.

stereosofa
                  Participant
                    Quote:
                    I was lucky enough to get a copy of HBM2 (plus cap, cup and buttons)

@Petterfe: Could you please share some pics of your captured things under the current merchandising topic: Here Be MONSTERS MERCHANDISING

Yes, of course. I will post some photos later today.

Although I am a collector and like limited/special/deluxe/art editions a lot, I still agree that it's cool to make the music available to as many fans as possible. So I wouldn't feel cheated in any way if MP decides to make more copies of HBM2. Standard CD releases of HBM2 and The Motorpnakotic Fragments would be nice. And perhaps it's time to do a CD release of Child Of The Future? I'm sure they would sell quite well. Download/streaming versions would also be ok.

ruedibilly
                    Participant

@jtr

Quote:
                      I love their music and I personally just wanna *hear* it.

Songs dont get more special if a lot of potential listeners are shut out from hearing them. If you limit parts of your output from a greater audience, you gain absolutely nothing.

Hear, hear!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994