02.08.2013 Krach am Bach, Beelen

Home Forums General 02.08.2013 Krach am Bach, Beelen

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    boomer former helm
    Participant

great, seems like a new song then. very cool riff, very "mahavishnu…"

Great King Rat
      Participant

They played "True Middle", too!

Overall, I agree with superstooka, it was an enjoyable show and also the guys seemd to enjoy themselves. Bent told the audience that their eqipment was lost on the way from Norway ("probably in Berlin", as he said) so that they only had one guitar each! That must have been a huge difference to their regular shows but they made the best of it.

Bent introduced "Sterling says" by saying that "this is world premier. We've never played this one live and tonight we're gonna… show you why!"

Most memorabel for me was STG which had a rather short intro/build up but a massive ending with two long jams. The sound was nearly perfect where I was standing (middle of the stage, ten metres away), except for Kenneth's voice once or twice which I could hardly hear. Imo, it was a rather rocky gig with a lot of hits and only some jams. Also, I didn't quite feel the magic that I'm used to from the indoor shows but that's probably due to the less intimate atmosphere and their limited playing time.

The end of the show (All is loniless) was quite special, too. They ended the song with the canon-like singing (much like the version of Roadwork IV) where the music dies away. In the end it was only Bent, Snah and the audience performing this part a capella. Very nice.

Spacebandit
        Participant

@ Bron y aur: I'm not very good with setlists (except for Grateful Dead). I hope you will

forgive me an error or two. Will work on the recording tomorrow as I still have guests from

all over Germany from the festival. And had to work today, that was hard…Almost fell

asleep during the noon…

Oh, btw, at least another recording was done. With a Sony ECM 717 strapped on the barricades. Nice Idea! The taper stood directly left of me…

@surftex "uwe" and @ TAF: Thank you !! :cheers:

Tomcat
          Participant

Good to know the show was taped! Equipment lost, what the …

TAF
            Participant

Great King Rat: "Bent introduced "Sterling says" by saying that "this is world premier. We've never played this one live and tonight we're gonna… show you why!""

Huh, so either 2013-Bent is wrong, or 2002(?)-Bent was wrong when the setlists were compiled. Dampsaba lists Sterling Says on two dates in 1997.

geat show. 7th dream was really a cool surprise! favs: 7, instru and blissards.

i enjoyed that show on that warm summer night alot!

otherdemon
              Participant
                Quote:
                Huh, so either 2013-Bent is wrong, or 2002(?)-Bent was wrong when the setlists were compiled. Dampsaba lists Sterling Says on two dates in 1997.

Well, it's been established that neither Dampsaba or Bent's mind is always 100% correct :lol:

In this case I don't know who's wrong, though. Don't think either of those 1997 dates were taped.

Spacebandit
                Participant

I hate to read to the expression "bootlegged". I was not TAPED.

We tapers do it for fun, not for money.

supernaut
                  Participant

I remember Sterling being played at a 97 soundcheck, but not sure if it was in the set that night. They also soundchecked Watchin You then and there but that was definitely not played in the concert.

otherdemon
                    Participant

Point taken, post edited :-)

superstooka's setlist seems almost complete. Exept Hell and August in this order and Barleycorn was not played.

The versions of Hell and stg were amazing!

otherdemon
                      Participant
                        Quote:
                        superstooka's setlist seems almost complete. Exept Hell and August in this order and Barleycorn was not played.

Ok, cool. But when was True Middle played? Just before S.T.G, perhaps? :?

Holle
                        Participant

yes, I don't know why I thought yesterday they ülayed barleycorn, will edit it.

don't can remember when they played true middle. but they played it.

That was an awesome concert in Beelen. I've had a nice talk with the band after the show. Unforgettable!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994