05.05.2013 Bologna – Zona roveri

Home Forums General 05.05.2013 Bologna – Zona roveri

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    elNibi
    Participant

setlist "live" by txt from MarcoBonYaur

after 1 hour of show:

uber-pilgrim

ocean in her eyes

STG

sail on

starhammer

ratcatcher

Augusto

bareleycorn

greener

hell

let's wait for the rest…

elNibi
      Participant

hogwash

you lied

high time

x3

arne hassle

taifun

not sure that the concert is over

Ãœberpilgrim, Ocean, STG, Sail on, Starcatcher, August, Barleycorn, Greener, Hell, Hogwash, You lied, Up against the wall, X3, … Arne H., … Taifun

Enthusiastic audiance. Extremely rocking show in the mainset, completely different to Space Capitol Darmstadt. They kept the level high, so that audiance talking didnt bother too much. The band seemed to enjoy it a lot. Great show!

The transission from Hell to Hogwash was fantastic. Encores were magic.

Nice venue but far outside the city. Kenneth this time in the center position.

My 30th 29th MP concert has started in a terrific way, possibly the best opening ever.

UBERWAGNER / PILGRIM / UBERWAGNER (or tricks to make me like Lovecult material) is their new Sideway Spiral III, with the mellow beginning and the hyper-rocking end.

OCEAN IN HER EYE and STG were played as they were played back in the 90s! Even better, because I don't remember any version of Ocean with the "coda" back in the years. STG was a dive in 1997, and to this point I was outstounded by the show!

Unfortunately, this magic atmosphere wouldn't have come back for the rest of the show.

Of course the guys played a hell of a show, but the problem was the setlist after STG. Looking the past setlist I expected to be surprised a bit more. You can understand that, for great they can be, songs like Hogwash, Greener or You Lied are not exactly rarities in MP concerts. And where is all the Blissard stuff? Only two songs (one of which overplayed in the years), no Sinful/DT, no Manmower… Where is K9? Replaced by Harne Hassle, well, no please, try again… Half Heavymetalfruit played, and the return of (argh) Hi Time with Bent miming the "hi time"… and the usual "singalong" italian thing, we all know that at Bloom we'll have Feel…

So, the guys played a very brilliant concert, but not a surprising concert. After STG, the only big surprise (along with the brilliant Hell/Hogwash liasion) was Barleycorn, with its double-tempo finale that reminds a lot the 2001 versions of "She Used to Be a Twin".

I'll be at Bloom tuesday, of course I expect a much more interesting setlist. After all, Bloom is the place where we had by far the best and longest encore set during the Unicorn tour!

Uh, forgot: 2h30m

supernaut
        Participant

that's not a setlist to complain about. taifun played here and two days before but not yesterday and guess which show i was attending. grrrrr…. :-)

Supernaut, I'm actually disappointed mostly by the end of the regular set: You Lied + Hi Time (!!!) + X3 was some news I didn't really need… so when they came back with YET ANOTHER HMFruit thing instead of some Blissard or K9, I left the first row and went to complain with some friend I found among the audience :) I remember it was a very good, psychedelic, smooth version of Arne H., but I was upset and not interested… probably tired and a bit worried by the two-hours trip back home under the pouring rain… :)

v1

@ BronYAur: if I could, I would also choose three other songs instead of High Time, X-3 and Arne H., that could also fit because it was brilliantly played, but its place wasn't as an encore. But the fact is that they have a huge amount of material to work with, so the only way to make everybody happy each time would be to play six hours every concert, or make a poll before the gig, asking the crowd wich setlist they prefer :D or easily let them do what they want and let you dive into the magic .It lasted 2h30, so what else you can say to them? They respect us and make people respect them, yesterday I've noticed a small step into politeness from the italian crowd (at least in the first rows). And also, Bent missed "some" lyrics, in Uberwagner, STG, Starhammer and Taifun .Doesn't matter a lot . But Snah, he is god, he missed none :STG:

Had a short chat with Kenneth, he said he can't wait to play @ Bloom, so relax and wait for tomorrow, you lucky with the ticket! :finger:

@ supernaut : I can understand that you missed Taifun, but as expected we missed a beautiful gig poster like the Bern one! So, who's angrier now? :MPD:

supernaut
            Participant
              Quote:
              YET ANOTHER HMFruit thing instead of some Blissard or K9,

Maybe they're already done with K9 and some Blissard songs on this tour and want to play stuff they haven't yet. My taste doesn't mind Hi-time and You lied. I love the solo part in the former supported by that bassline. In Bern we didn't get K9 and STG. Best to go see a MP show with no wishlist. :mrgreen: I wonder which song I've seen them play most. I think it's Hogwash, I have the impression they played that one everytime… but since they usually space out on it I'm happy about it. That big part when (nerd alert!) they go from D to C and back to C# ("Hogwash! I hate you!") and then into the fast loopy lick is always AMAZING!

ah that poster, I completely forgot to look for one to tear off somewhere and take home but bought the merch one with the eggplant zeppelin.

Best to go see a MP show with no wishlist. [:mrgreen:]

Hehe, I disagree here: I ALWAYS have a wishlist when I got to a MP concert, or I wouldn't ride kms to see a single show! What usually happens then is that my wishlist is totally neglected, but the band gives a lot of surprises anyway! So I'm usually very happy with the show. The problem yesterday was the lack of surprises…

Un.Chien.d.Espace
              Participant

a lack of surprises then would mean that your wishlist was fulfilled, right?

and i thought germans are complaining all the time… :P

"a lack of surprises then would mean that your wishlist was fulfilled, right?"

Ach, gotcha!

Hey, I'm old, let me use my right to complain! :P

What about the merchandise of this tour?what are they selling this time?

v1

A lot of beautiful things, cd's, ep's, vinyls, hoodies with M in front and new weird tribal and name on the back, wind-stopper, stickers, caps, pins, Blissard longsleeve, a great choice of t-shirt (yeah Supernaut, the eggplant-zeppelin!), and kids shirt also. Too many things, too much money I miss at this moment to buy everything

:P .But the prices are the same as ever, they're so honest! Thimoty's and Blissard boxes were sold for 22euros each, new album for 15 .

I did not understand why no setlist was given to the audience, maybe they were already "booked" by old times fans …

supernaut
                  Participant

Blissard longsleeve? Missed that one. One more reason to go to another show. But I did notice the kids shirt. Cute.

"Best to go without a wishlist" came out of that train of thought above. Of course I always have a bunch of songs I'd love to hear. Feedtime would be one because I never did and most probably never will. And I'm quite sure I never got Plan #1.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994