05/05/2016 Wiesbaden, Schlachthof

Home Forums General 05/05/2016 Wiesbaden, Schlachthof

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

This is special..

BBD

>Un Chien

Lacuna

El Alchemisto

PPP

Scissors

>IMS

>Spin

Flick of the Wrist

Watersound

Jr

>Feedtime

HBM2

Juergen
    Participant

Great! Some unexpected changes like Un Chien and Flick of the Wrist back in the set again!

Holy shit, that's an insane set!

Holle
      Participant

Brilliant Gig. Definitly one of the best I saw and I saw more than 70 MP concerts since 1993.

Thank you, guys.

supernaut
        Participant

Start off with BBD, Chien, Alchemyst, that is insane! Guess there won't be a Chien tomorrow then. Can't imagine they play it twice in a row. I would have loved to hear that one again, last time I remember was on the Cake or Phano tour. But it's also great to see they still mix up the sets. :D

Tomcat
          Participant

This setlist looks fantastic. Definitely one for the books – wow!

fillmore
            Participant

About time they mix it up like that! Finally getting serious with them setlists. Leuven and Wiesbaden are my favourites of the tour so far.

Fiske Boll
              Participant

Downloaded on dime. Holy smokes, what a spinechilling version of Un Chien. One of the best I've heard.

To whoever who taped and uploaded this, thank you so very much!

otherdemon
                Participant

@Fiske Boll: Not surprised. I have NEVER heard a bad live-version of Chien :lol:

And how about Flick? AWESOME fucking version!

stereosofa
                  Participant

Can't wait to hear that recording – premature thanks to the taper!

That was really a completely amazing show!

I am so glad I took the trip to Wiesbaden. Also probably the best sounding MP-live-mix I heard so far. A bit too loud in places, but that's nothing new for one – and this time everything was audible even in the REAL loud parts.

The guys were in a great, hard-rocking-psychedelic mood. Snah especially had a mix of Freejazz and Doom going that really elevated the whole performance. BUTTRULYONLYSNAHISGOD!

And to chime in on the Floyd/Echoes thing, I would even go so far as to say:

At this moment MOTORPSYCHO is PINK FLOYDs evil twin!

:STG:

Sadly for me the tour is over at this point… But I am really excited about the next tour/record/whatever. Haven't been so thrilled about MP for a long time. Always enjoyed seeing them live for sure, but this time was more intense.

Still 'naut after all these years! :MPD:

Btw:

Bent announced FLICK OF THE WRIST saying (but word by word, but in the sense of):

"The next song is a thing that we borrowed/stole from NEIL YOUNG a couple of years ago" !!

Does anyone have any insight into that story?

Other than that it could actually BE a NEIL YOUNG song…

(and maybe that's the whole point of Bents announcement) :D

boomer former helm
                    Participant

holy shit. would have been better to attend a later show of the tour instead 4 in a row earlier. what a great setlist. wow.

Rolf
                      Participant

@Netsrak

I believe the Neil Young song Bent refers to is "Cowgirl in the sand"?! The guitar/rhythm during the verses of FotW is quite similar to the riff in CitS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994