11.11.2009 Bologna, “Estragon” (IT)

Home Forums Setlists 11.11.2009 Bologna, “Estragon” (IT)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    elNibi
    Participant

back from few hours from Bologna,

here is the setlist, realy nice concert. A 1997 concert as my friend Maro commented after the show.

1 Watersound

2 Ozzylot

3 Riding the tiger

4 All is loneliness

5 Cornucopia

6 She left on the sunship

7 Back to source

8 Feel

9 Manmower

10 Wishing well

11 Kill some day

12 Before the flood

13 Sinful, wind-borne

14 Like Always

15 Greener

16 The Golden Core

here is the setlist, realy nice concert. A 1997 concert as my friend Maro commented after the show.

Highlights:

Back to source: wild version with massive jam

Wishing well: maybe the best track of the show, amazing work by Kenneth

Manmower: with heavy explosions

the good old Kill some day: the most apreciated by the audience

waiting now for the Trezzo (Milan) show tonight!

Ricky

otherdemon
      Participant

Wow! Cool setlist! And the first time this tour they DIDN’T play Diana. The encores are a trip down memory lane :lol:

elNibi
        Participant

I hope they’ll play it tonight, maybe in stead of the “boring” Before the flood :-)

Really strange they started TGC on the end notes of greener without a second encore.

Incredible Kenneth palying some sort of keybord while playing drums!! never seen a drummer playing 2 intruments in the same time.

Hello.

Great setlist, amazing show, the band at the top, very good audience, “Kill Some Day”, “The Golden Core” (at last at my 15th gig)!!

What more can i ask ? Nothing!

Great King Rat
          Participant

Fantastic setlist again! Great thing to start a show with Watersound, and there’s one song played for the first time this tour, Before the flood. Not one of my favourites at all, but it’s good to see they keep adding songs!

supernaut
            Participant

It’s like Bent said in Winterthur, they’ll keep adding songs, throwing Kenneth into cold water. What a drummer.

elNibi
              Participant

some other impressions

watersound: nice version, very sweet on the beginning, a really good way to open a concert

ozzylot: it seems to me the “normal” MP pop tune as Hyena,Serpentine ecc. It’n not bad but nothing special at all.

riding the tiger: not the best MP track but the long built up of the second part was a peasure to listen to. Snah was on another planet on this!

All is Loneliness: I love this tribal version, it’s less “exploding” than the previous one but Kenneth work deserves a listen :-)

Cornucopia: long psych intro, thounght it was the alchemist in the first notes, nice developement with a special drum solo

Sunship: really beter version than the one listened last year in Milan, 2 climax parts with a really lot of noise, Bent’s sound on this IS really my coup of tea :-)

Back to source: damn, this was one of the highlights!! the start is the same as BTC, really long and stoner built up in the middle, different and longer than on AADAP

Feel: pretty singalong by the audience, but less loud and intense than in the good old days, the fans are getting younger?

Manmower: another highlight! fantastic explosions, the intensity of the middle soft part was partially ruined by the typical idiot screaming stupit requests…Bent got pissed and asked silence for 2-3 times before getting into the last part, shame!

Whishing well: WOW! a great built up, more and more intense trought the end, the audience seemed not to know this one…it’s really getting younger :-D…a really better version than the 2004 and the 2000 one! Kenneth work on this one was absolutely incredible.

Kill some day: probably the best melody ever written by MP! audience got mad and started pushing as on a punk show but nothing too wild or bad…

Before the flood: hemm, I like it on cd but live it’s really weak IMO,all the pushing was suddently killed ;-)

Sinful: i’m not equal to judge this song as it’s the first one I’ve ever listened by MP back in 1996…so. Nice version, not wild and fast as last year but not powerless as in 2002…

Like Always: niceeee, really apreciated as well

Greener: hemm? are we in 97 or 09?? the best version i’ve ever listened to.

The Golden Core: “fast” version as in the rest of this tour, last time I’ve got this one was in Bologna as well in 2000! probably the best way to end a concert.

audience…dunno, estragon wasn’t sold out, but it’s really big (1500?), i can try a 300-400? anyone have a better idea?

the sound was good, at least in the first row, but I’m not he best one to judge it, I’ve never complained about MP sound whit all the Db they put on your face, it’ more a body feeling than a sound thing to me.

I hope for “the alchemist” tonight.

Thanks for the in-depth report, Ricky!

“the sound was good, at least in the first row, but I’m not he best one to judge it, I’ve never complained about MP sound whit all the Db they put on your face, it’ more a body feeling than a sound thing to me”

NICE

Oh and your comments about the youngsters were really funny, back in the old days weren’t you one of the youngest on the road? :wink:

Have fun!

elNibi
                Participant
                  Quote:
                  Oh and your comments about the youngsters were really funny, back in the old days weren’t you one of the youngest on the road?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it’s true! Back in the old days…I WAS young

now afer 26 MP concerts I feel OLD, at least in psychonaut terms :mrgreen:

as you can see my english is getting even worst!

Ricky

fillmore
                  Participant

Enjoyed reading your comments, Ricky! Thanks! “Bts” sounds like a treat!

Hmm, now that is an interesting concept: psychonaut years…like dog or cat years, maybe? Please don’t worry about your written English, Ricky; every word of your report comes through. Just like the motorsound magic is not about exact level balances, gig reports are not about perfect grammar or spelling, but feeling :MPD:

Wulf
                    Participant

Great concert, BUT: the worst talking crowd ever imho. Hope to get better in Roncade tomorrow…

Rolf
                      Participant

Wow,they really dip into every part of their career this tour! (except demon box, no songs from that one yet, right?) – a great setlist for sure.

Be
                        Participant

Actually they played two songs from demon box! All is Loneliness and plan #1. Look at the Tour Stats Thread

eeerrr, Italy…! Still never reach to that place!

Thanx so much for your report, damn, after I came back home here, but still something is going on…I guess they will have more and more songs for the show in the future…!

And hope someday I will be at MP show in Italy…dreaming still… ; )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994