13.05.13 Amsterdam

Home Forums General 13.05.13 Amsterdam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

1. Hell

2. Ocean

3. Stained Glass

4. Cornucopia incl GtC

5. Uberpilgrim

6. Barleycorn

7. Upstairs Downstairs

8. Watersound

9. Kill Devil Hills >

10. Alchemyst

11. You Lied >

12. Arne H

very short (1-2 seconds) bass only tease of Up our Sleeves

13. Whip that Ghost

14. August >

15. All is Loneliness

16. Fool's Gold

2 hrs 45 mins

Heh, not bad having the "live report" of the live concert…

After 9 songs (and apparently at least 75 minutes) no Blissard at all… a sign?

The entire set without any Blissard song, it only happened in the two shows (Roma, Milano) when they played the whole album as an encore, but the "regular" set was way shorter I think…

And infact they didn't :)

Magic.

otherdemon
    Participant

BronYAur: Fools Gold?

The encores were actually identical to Hamburg the night before. That doesn't happen often.

supernaut
      Participant

i'm a bit bummed. Well ok i only saw 2 shows but none of them had neither K9, STG, KDH nor Alchemyst. :(

weird how they change their setlist this much with tons of jams and stuff but always end up around that 2h45 mark.

s_edelman
        Participant

and what was that with Bent Snah and Reine wearing the same necklace?

otherdemon: haha no, sorry, my post doesn't make any sense now: I was writing it WHILE kippenhok was updating the setlist song by song… So, I meant that during the REGULAR set there was no Blissard, and I expected the whole album as an encore.

double post for some reason…

s_edelman: Maybe they have bought a "bestfriends forever" necklace on tour. Hope so, I love Reine.

s_edelman
          Participant

well, next to the MP-monsters he looked what fragile and outblown sometimes. Great mellotron playing on the later songs

pfnuesel
            Participant

This was maybe the best show I've seen, sound was very good. But I gotta say, all the shows were very similar. It's not really worth to see more than, say, two shows.

Rune
              Participant
                Quote:
                But I gotta say, all the shows were very similar. It's not really worth to see more than, say, two shows.

I couldn't agree more!

:wink:

My third Motorpsycho concert and the best one so far! Watersound and the KDH/Alchemyst-combo were the biggest highlights for me. Not too much Blissard songs (ahum), but let's hope they make up for that tonight in Deventer 8)

supernaut
                Participant
                  Quote:
                  But I gotta say, all the shows were very similar. It's not really worth to see more than, say, two shows.

I can't agree due to missing out as stated on K9, STG, KDH, Alchemyst and the whole Blissard thing as in Italy. Have to say though that the 2 shows I saw were more different on paper (about half of the sets were different) than on the ears because both were rather rocking. But Arne H had 2 quite different versions. Reading other setlists makes me think other nights were more epic & psychedelic…

Rune
                  Participant

For the record, I was just kidding when I said you don't have to see more than a show or two. I think everybody should see as many shows as absolutely possible with this band!!

Yesterday was the first gig where Reine Fiske wrote the setlist.

I wish he had taken a little more *out there* with an ending of K9>Taifun>VS>Golden Core, but hot damn what a great show it was last night even without that wet dream ending!!

Two guitars really works.

Loved Stained Glass, Watersound (!), Arnie H, Fool's Gold, lots of highlights.

It was really fun to see everybody around me in the crowd dancing! Lots of bobbing of heads,. Great atmosphere!

Also surprised to hear that Bubbles has turned into sort of a good song of late! They played that song to death 10 years ago and it used to be my cue to get beer.

Now not so much. It was stunning!

And You Lied? It's been years! Sing-a-long Motorpsycho for the masses! Yay!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994