13.12.2014 – Byscenen, Trondheim (NO) Yule special with Reine Fiske

Home Forums General 13.12.2014 – Byscenen, Trondheim (NO) Yule special with Reine Fiske

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ThorEgil
    Participant

Sold out! :STG:

TraktorBass
      Participant

See you there!

v1

It looks like it was a so loooong setlist that t takes a lot of time to re-write and post it here :D

odindahle
          Participant

Im waiting patiently!

otherdemon
            Participant

Some songs they played, according to various Twitter sources:

Stained Glass, The Jig Is Up, Serpentine, Ghost, Tuesday Morning, All Is Loneliness, Un Chien D'espace, The Alchemyst.

Now someone else fill in the blanks (I'm sure there are several :D )

I dont remember much, Un chien d'espace was a highlight, Ghost was good, Cloudwalker was played and at least one more from BTS, Toys and Mockingbird, Stained Class was the opener (nice one), then followed several songs I did not recognice (from Fragments?). The Jig Is Up it seems, might be more. Other Fool was incluced in encores. A Demon Box section: Tuesday Morning (never played live[1]) direct into All is Loneliness. Great, however not stunning. Go To California was there at some point. Serpentine indeed. And Alchemyst.

Kenneth and Snah had several trips into void. Faster and faster is the spirit.

Fiske had some nice sections on BTS stuff.

Sound was awful, worst I heard for many years, might be due too support band (Pink Moon). Something was not right. Sad.

[1]: really true? Or was this version never played before, confused.

otherdemon
              Participant
                Quote:
                [1]: really true? Or was this version never played before, confused.

Played a few times before. But the last time before yesterday was the DB releaseparty @ UFFA 21 years ago. So it was long overdue IMO :-)

toresan
                Participant

I'm not entirely sure of the running order or if I've remembered all the tunes, but it was something like this (from beer clouded memory):

Stained glass, Jig is up, Serpentine, Tuesday morning, All is loneliness, Mockingbird, Forget it, One way or another, Ghost, On a plate, Cornucopia -> Go to California -> Cornucopia, Un Chien d'Espace — Toys, The other fool, Cloudwalker, The Magic & the wonder, The alchemyst — Entropy

ThorEgil
                  Participant

Nobody seems to be ab le to remember (and I'm shit at song titles). OK, we have a Yule puzzle here. I have this snap of the flipside of Snah's setlist. Maybe that will help getting the correct order of things.

PC137773_zpsbdca5e50.jpg

ThorEgil
                    Participant

Maybe something like this?

Stained glass

The jig is up – Featuring Morten Fagervik on the bell.

Serpentine

Mockingbird

Forget it

One way or another

Cornucopia -> Go to California -> Cornucopia

Tuesday morning

All is loneliness

Ghost

Cloudwalker

On a plate

The Magic & the wonder

Un Chien d'Espace

Toys

The other fool

The alchemist

Entropy

Great show, good sound where I was – by the fence in front of Bent (I got a lot of bass, too little Mellotron).

8) Thank you for your reviews, guys!

toresan
                      Participant

That looks right, Thor Egil!

The show length was around 2h20min, btw, and from were I was standing the sound was crystal clear. A real (sun) sound pleasure!

Highlights for me were the songs from the manuscripts, Cornufonia, Chien, Cloudwalker, Alchemyst and Entropy. And it was quite amusing when Fagervik suddenly popped up in the middle of the Jig to play the bell one time.

ThorEgil
                        Participant

I've put together a few snaps from the concert over at tumblr.

Here is one crucial moment

tumblr_ngkueucD0O1spb91ho3_1280.jpg

Juergen
                          Participant

Wow – exciting news (like every year)!

According to Dampsaba Tuesday Morning had only played three times before Saturday:

1992-09-03 Oslo

1992-10-03 Oslo

1993-02-27 Trondheim UFFA

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994