14.03.14 – Rockefeller

Home Forums General 14.03.14 – Rockefeller

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    ThorEgil
    Participant

Stian Westerhus posted the stage decorations on Instagram

http://instagram.com/p/liKwVIgws9/

GBD
      Participant

Setlist :

Acoustic set:

– Trixene

– Blueberry daydream

– coventry boy

– Stay young

– Big surprise

– Now it's time to skate

– Feel

– The one that went away

Electric set

– Kvæstor

– On a plate (awesome)

– The promise (also awesome)

– hey jane

– Hyena

– barleycorn (w sped up jam)

– Plan # 1

– hell 1-7!!!!!! (excellent, with a nice jam at the end of pt. 3)

– Kill some day (fiske on mellotron)

– Starmelt/lovelight

– Wearing yr smell

– Entropy (great vocals + solo by god)

Time: 2h15min.

Great show!!!

GBD
        Participant

Reine should just join permanently . The duo guitar force is freakin' excellent!

GBD
          Participant

For you guys attending future gigs on this tour; cross your fingers for hell pt. 1-7. Epic with a capital E :)

GBD
            Participant

:STG:

GBD
              Participant

…and finally…Snah really is god!

Tomcat
                Participant

Acoustic set + Hell suite = looks great!

otherdemon
                  Participant

Yeah, it was a great show. The only annoying thing is that they kept the audience waiting for another encore after Entropy, but it didn't happen. And after seeing the picture of Bent's guitars (Jerry Jones longhorn! Red Gibson SG, both of which were not used), I was hoping for Un Chien or VS.

Possibly the most hit-friendly MP gig I've ever seen. With the exception of Barleycorn and the Hell Part 1-7 suite which were quite jam-heavy, it was mostly focused and to the point actually. The acoustic set was feel-good sing-along atmosphere all the way.

Double mellotron attack! Bent played keys on some songs, and tried being Robert Fripp :D

Plan #1 was awesome as usual ("an old acquiantance of the police" according to Bent), and the encores were quite energetic.

Any disappointments? I have to admit that the live version of Hell 4-6 didn't quite live up to the expectations that the studio-version set (even though Snah played 12+6 string guitar on that one) But I'm guessing that one's going to grow throughout the tour. Hell Part 7 wasn't any less messy live than in the studio. And I was a bit surprised that Cloudwalker wasn't played :cry:

My guess is they're going to improve steadily as the tour goes along. So you guys better enjoy the epic gigs coming up!

And it was nice meeting a bunch of psychonauts in the lounge even though I could only stay with y'all for a short while.

odindahle
                    Participant

Sounds promising for the rest of the tour! Really hoping for VS in Trondheim. From setlist research I`ve found out that I heard VS back in 2007, but I wasnt aware of the song at the time. So I really want a memorable experience of VS!

GBD
                      Participant

Regarding hell 4-6: musically i think they pretty much nailed it, aside from a few mellotron hickups. But vocal wise, it was pretty clear that this is a new song., that needs some live runs before it sticks.

The jammy part was magic tho!

CaptainAubrey
                        Participant

Otherdemon: Cloudwalker was on the setlist as the first encore, but wasn't played for some reason. To tired at the moment to elaborate about the show, but yeah.. It was great! Zzzzzzzz….

otherdemon
                          Participant

Another thing: Good sound too, last night. Last year's Rockefeller-gig had the best sound I've ever witnessed at a MP gig. While last night was maybe a small step down soundwise from that gig, it looks like they cracked the sound-code @ Rockefeller :-)

@CaptainAubrey: What a shame they skipped Cloudwalker if it was on the setlist :cry: Even more frustrating considering they left the audience waiting for more after Entropy. That said, Entropy is a great song to end a concert with.

Some nice merch, too. I really wanted to buy that limited-edition-feinschmecker-poster designed by Johan Harstad, but the price was a bit too steep. Ended up buying a nice green Behind The Sun t-shirt instead.

i hope for more "kill some day"!! :)

merch photos?

fillmore
                            Participant

Kill Some Day! Hoping to see that one, should be great with Fiske on 'tron!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994