15.03.2012 – Byscenen, Trondheim (NOR)

Home Forums General 15.03.2012 – Byscenen, Trondheim (NOR)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Rolf
    Participant

Setlist:

The Death Defying Unicorn

Starhammer ->

Burn (Deep Purple)

TDDU was pretty much like yesterday. At approx. "Sculls in limbo" Bent, Snah & Kenneth left the stage, and we got a rather long solo/improv from St̴le. "Sharks", like yesterday, was pretty damn monstrous! Starhammer was good, and Burn was a lot of fun. Crudely measured, the Unicorn was ~90 minutes (21:10 Р22:40 Рish).

More fun: When they came back for the encore, Bent jokingly said: "Oh, you want more? Well, we'll do it once more then!" And then Snah started teasing "Out of the woods"! He quickly stopped and Bent said that it was just a joke, and that they were gonna play something from the previous album.

Support today was not Mattis Kleppen, but some band I don't know the name of; I arrived in the middle of their set. But they were pretty great!

Personal notes:

It's pretty amazing that they're able to play what is basically a ~90 minute piece of quite tightly composed music, with almost no breaks! I'm curious to how this will develop as the tour goes on. Will there be more improvisations? Personally I think that they should structure the shows something like this:

The Death Defying Unicorn

— 15-30 minute break —

30-60 minutes of "old" songs (possibly including an acoustic mini-set)

— short break

Encore

I for one am quite exhausted after hearing the entire TDDU, and I think it would be great if they would do something somewhat different after the Unicorn, not just "MORE PROG!!!!". The Unicorn, as a whole, is quite intense, even though it has some quiet/abstract parts. Yesterday & today were awesome shows, but the structure was kinda PROGBALLS TO THE WALLS!!! from start to finish, and as much as I loved it, it was also very intense, with little room to breathe.

supernaut
      Participant
        Quote:
        Burn (Deep Purple)

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O :MPD:

they surely won't do Unicorn part 2 after this. and i'm very excited already now about their next thing. i expect something that blows the little lucid metal fruits off this planet.

Rolf
        Participant

Yeah, "Burn" was awesome!

ThorEgil
          Participant

The support band was Blomst

Hovmod
            Participant

OK, so I have a recording, but it's not *great*.

If it's the only one I will prepare it and stick it on dime, but I would prefer this to be the backup… :)

I'm listening to it now, and it's OK, but no more. It doesn't SHINE.

Anyone else get a good one?

otherdemon
              Participant

Coolest picture ever:

Snah doubleneck frenzy (courtesy of Andrea)

kak
                Participant

Not the best quality, but I'll just drop this:

2012-03-15%2021.11.57.jpg

surftex
                  Participant

@Hovmod: Please upload it on DIME! I can't wait to hear "Burn". Wasn't it the first song Bent, Snah & Kenneth played together? Think I read that in an interview some years ago…

Hovmod
                    Participant

I'm having DIME issues.

The torrent is ready but I can't seem to set up port forwarding correctly here.

I'll get something sorted ASAP.

Hovmod
                      Participant

For BURN, grab it here: http://www.hovmod.com/music/MPSS-2012-03-15-Trondheim-14.flac

I'll sort out my torrent issues and upload the rest soon.

Hovmod
                        Participant

Fuck dime (I'm having port forwarding issues. nvm)!

Anyway, for a few days, get the entire show here: http://www.hovmod.com/music/MPSS-2012-03-15-Trondheim.zip

(640 MB)

Enjoy!

Notes:

-I wasn't ready when they started playing the opening wail of Out of the Woods, so I made a super sneaky crossfade in the beginning (awwwww yeaaaaaaaah!). See if you can guess where the recording fades in… (didn't notice the clipping of the opening note. Sorry.)

-Some (OK, most) of the splits have a click. I know. I just couln't be bothered tweaking more.

-Splitting it into tracks I had to make some quick decisions about where some of the songs start, and I gave up on "Doldrums".

Listening now, the sound is pretty good, tbh. :D

Vegard B. Havdal
                          Keymaster

Smiling from ear to ear here. :) Kenneth kills it on Burn.

surftex
                            Participant

@Hovmod: 1000 THANX!!!! You made my day…

Hovmod
                              Participant

My pleasure, mate!

Does it download OK? I haven't had that domain for long and have no idea how it works for stuff like this…

Oh, and you guys from the rest-of-the-world: See how nice it is if you stfu in the quiet parts? :)

Hovmod
                                Participant

Sharks! 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994