17.03.11 Trondheim, Byscenen

Home Forums General 17.03.11 Trondheim, Byscenen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    toresan
    Participant

Setlist from notes/memory:

Starhammer ->

All Is Loneliness

New Song

Acoustic set:

Fools Gold

Blueberry Daydream

Feel

Close Your Eyes

Whole Lotta Diana ->

Mountain ->

Walking On the Water ->

Nothing To Say

Gullible's Travails

Show start: 22:05

Show ended: 23:59

Approximatly 2 hours of GREAT fun!

toresan
      Participant

The New song had this chorus btw: "I'll never go back, I'll never go back, I'll never go back there" or somthing like that.

Rolf
        Participant

You beat me to it! Setlist matches my own notes. I'd only add that Diana —> Nothing To Say had practically no breaks between the songs! And Starhammer went pretty straight into Loneliness (and oh, the climax in Loneliness took on apocalyptic proportions, incredible, probably best version I've ever heard!)

The new interpretation of Close Your Eyes was also magnificent, with bonus points to Kenneth for juggling drumsticks and keys during the quiet "chorus".

And let's not forget the hilarious synchronized dancing during Mountain!!! I love absurd randomness like that, more please! :)

fillmore
          Participant

Thanks for the setlist? No "The wheel" in "Starhammer"?

toresan
            Participant

I edited in the transitions now, Rolf. :-)

Indeed a show with a lot of energy, even though it was far from sold out. Really looking forward to tonight's show!

Quote:
              No "The wheel" in "Starhammer"?

Nope.

How was the sound ?

Where you at the floor or gallery ?

kak
              Participant

I was up in the gallery. Sound was great. Will test the floor tonight. :)

Great show last night, but the crowd seemed a little unenthusiastic. As stated, it was far from sold-out, and I have never seen a crowd rush faster to the exit doors, than 0.2 seconds after Gullible's Travails was over. Hopefully better today.

Tomcat
                Participant

Thursday was the added show – Tonight's the night ;-)

otherdemon
                  Participant
                    Quote:
                    and I have never seen a crowd rush faster to the exit doors, than 0.2 seconds after Gullible's Travails was over. Hopefully better today.

I read on someone's Twitter that it was because the last train was about to leave shortly after the gig end. So the crowd rushing to the exit doors, were those train-passengers, I guess :lol:

ThorEgil
                    Participant

And some of us with kids needing to get to school again today.

A big thank you to the band for letting the kids experience some real good music!!

And a big thank you to the support band – Your Headlights Are On. They were worth the money alone.

Tomcat
                      Participant

Oho, "Your Headlights Are On" must be pretty good then?! I usually don't like support bands on motorpsycho shows, especially when this has the effect to shorten the main set or one has to fear to miss the connection home afterwards :twisted:

toresan
                        Participant

I was on the gallery as well and enjoyed very good sound throughout most of the show, though as the sound level got higher the sound quality became slightly worse.

Was disappointing that they didn't have any visuals last night, but maybe Pekka wasn't available for the extra show.

And on a final note, the warm up, Your Headlights Are On were very good especially their last song.

kak
                          Participant

I was a bit late for Your Headlights Are On, and the first songs I heard was "OK", but their final number was great. Tuba as an alternative to bass guitar is always welcome!

ThorEgil
                            Participant

The review in Adressa

ThorEgil
                              Participant

And now I see that Your Headlights Are On will play support also tonight. Starting at 21:00

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994