17.03.11 Trondheim, Byscenen

Home Forums General 17.03.11 Trondheim, Byscenen

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Anyone with a extra set of tickets for todays concert? Was there yesterday and I really want to go today as well.

supernaut
    Participant

[img]http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/6212264f6b278d0f4c32a8a2ea2ea538?s=48&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gravatar.com%2Favatar%2Fad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536%3Fs%3D48[/img]

hey another ricklover!

Rolf
      Participant

Oh yeah, that Rickenbacker is so beautiful! (Well, most Rickenbackers I've seen are..)

I also think the sound was mostly great up on the gallery, very clear and detailed, perhaps slightly muddy during the loudest parts. For example during much of Gullible's Travails, a song I truly love on record, but live I think they are yet to find the best way to play it.

And I also really really liked Your Headlights Are On, ranging from noisy postrock to majestic melodies, great build-ups, great vocals, truly beautiful music! Heh, I didn't know there was a support band, so when I saw two drumkits on stage I was quite puzzled at first. Does Kenneth need a smaller one for the acoustic part? That's kinda weird… Then when I saw a girl come on stage with a tuba I was REALLY puzzled – have they brought back Jaga Jazzist?? Then I realized it was a support band ;)

Wish I had tickets for tonight!

Rolf
        Participant

The drumstick-keys-juggle in Close Your Eyes impressed me mainly because it went something like this: Kenneth stuck one drumstick between his teeth when starting to play the keys, and when that part was over, (this next part happened in what seemed like a heartbeat) he started drumming with the other hand (where he still had a drumstick) and seamlessly without missing a beat it seemed like he played the last chords on the keys and simultaneously took the drumstick from his teeth and dove straight into the wicked drumming! Hard to describe, amazing to watch!

Are those the same graphics they used with supersilent?

ooops… That was suposed to go in one of the bergen treads :oops:

fillmore
          Participant

Did you record the show(s) Rolf?

fillmore
            Participant

[deleted unnecessary message]

fillmore
              Participant

Another review at Icon Music Mag.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994