18.08.2012 Kartfestivalen

Home Forums General 18.08.2012 Kartfestivalen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

a quote from Motorpsychonews on facebook:

This upcoming Saturday (18.08.) Motorpsycho will play one more summer festival 2012 — Kartfestivalen in Norway — which is the last confirmed show before the band's appearance at the Opera in November! The festival website states that "we have asked Motorspycho to play an exclusive and abnormally long concert." We don't know if that relates to the standard set-lenght at the festival or at regular Motorpsycho concerts. We can only hope the latter applies

:droooool: but i can't be there.

TraktorBass
      Participant

I want to go, but how do I get to Gvarv from Oslo?

Hej! If you look on the festival homepae under *transport*, you'll see that the last bus goes at 2.15. Motorpsycho is the last band on saturdays line up and are sceduled at 24.00. That would make the gig aprox. 120min. Just in case they are going to play longer and you decide to watch: Bring warm cloth,a blanket and a termos with warm tee and expect the temperature to be around 3C.

otherdemon
        Participant

And the day before, Ståle and Snah are playing solo sets in Oslo Domkirke as part of Oslo Jazzfestival. I'm attending that gig, and I'm guessing the keyword will be "experimental".

Have fun you guys attending Gvarv!

Is was at Kartfestivalen last night.Sorry, but i'm not familiar whith all songtitles. MP was playing as a trio this time.And so far i remember the setlist, they was playing: Year zero

Nothing to say

TDDU (redux version as Bent said)

after this,it was gone one our ca

Greener

……go to Calefornia ,not sure what they started with

Into the plate…..i mean it was this…after listening to Zappendale rec.

Whiskey and rock'n roll

Starhammer

encore:

Burn…..whith one of the festival leaders, Jo Henning ? helping on guitar.

Total 2 our…. When they started, it was a couple of hundred in front. And when they finished…it was a handful of people. The rest of people had leave..or they was drinking in the back of the field….. Yes..that's what i had to come with…Maybe someone can correct it later

otherdemon
          Participant

Thanks for the info, welderboy. So this might've been the setlist?:

Year Zero

Nothing To Say

Cornucopia + Go To California (

TDDU Redux

Greener

On A Plate

Whiskey & Rock N' Roll

Starhammer

Burn (with Jo Henning from Deep Purple tribute band Come Taste The Band)

Order confirmed by a setlist scan on Facebook, thanks to Arne!

Yes..so far I can remember, is this very close….Friday evening I was seeing SNAH solo and StÃ¥le Storløkken solo at Oslo Domkirke. StÃ¥le played impro at church organ, and then SNAH played at double neck guitar….45 min.each ca.You have to be special intressed for that kind of music….Nearly 1/2 of the crowd had left when Snah was finnished….I like that kind of noise, if you can call it that. And it was recorded by themself…Just mention it…

otherdemon
            Participant

Yeah, I was at Oslo Domkirke too. Ståle's improv was really cool, and when he played the Elephant9 song Hymne from the Dodovoodoo album at the end, it made for a nice climax. Snah's set was cool too, even though the sound became painfully loud every time he played the 12-string part of his 12+6 guitar. But he played some nice quiet post-rockish stuff as well, so it was well worth the hour and a half total.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994