1998 audience recordings – suggestions?

Home Forums General 1998 audience recordings – suggestions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Punj Lizard
    Participant

Same question; yet another year. Looking for some good Trust Us tour gigs. Once again, your help is greatly appreciated. :D

Juergen
      Participant

You asked for audience recordings? There is one radio recording from Stavanger 1998-03-21 which I recommend (only two songs of the show missing).

The best audience recordings are Copenhagen 1998-05-07 (best sound) and Berlin 1998-05-27.

Punj Lizard
        Participant

@Juergen – Thanks. Grabbing now. :D

Utrecht 1998-05-30 is also must have. Quality is a bit below the recordings Juergen suggested, but the playing makes up for it.

Punj Lizard
          Participant

@kippenhok. Thanks. Grabbing that too. :D

The Other Anders
            Participant

This year was so good, that you might just want to download it all.

I didn't see one single show that year…

But the irony is on me.

Be
              Participant

There used to be a 1998 Tour Compilation which is huge! I have it on my pc, but not the original torrent.

shakti
                Participant

My favourite tour, and alas, like Anders I didn't see any shows until the short Norwegian tour in October.

There really isn't a bad show in 1998, but they definitely got better and better through the tour, so that March gig in Stavanger is pretty average by comparison.

My favourite might be Reutlingen May 21. It was apparently recorded on cassette tape, and when the volume peaks there is distortion, but there isn't that annoying digital clipping and limiting, so I really like the sound. It's not the spaciest gig (no K9 suite), but the energy is insane. Ocean in Her Eye is a revelation in its live form, and STG is probably the best ever version.

Punj Lizard
                  Participant

@Be and @Shakti – Thanks for your suggestions. :)

Be
                    Participant

If you don't mind that I only have lossy mp3-Files (Although in high bitrate. I don't care about losless formats and convert everything to mp3 or ogg as I don't hear any difference, but usually tapers don't want the files to be spread in inferior formats.), I could upload the Tour Compilation and the Reutlingen gig somewhere (Yousendit or Mega etc).

(I also have Hannover and Berlin (which is missing the files officially releasd on RW I).)

s_edelman
                      Participant

I would be interrested in the 1998 tourcompilation too …

Be
                        Participant
                          Be
                          Participant

I will remove the link in a while.

Punj Lizard
                            Participant

@Be – I've downloaded the compilation from the link you gave. And would love to get a copy of Reutlingen too. Thanks so much.

s_edelman
                              Participant

Got it, thanks! hours of fun ahead

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994