2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof

Home Forums General 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Be
    Participant
      Quote:
      they were dead silent during the quiet parts of the show

Apart from the two assholes talking for the first minutes of GC close to me. Then suddenly they acted as if it was their favourite song ever. Why?

Btw is the funny swedish (long blonde hair and a cap) , quite drunk guy I talked to at the merch table a member here? Sorry for not giving you better directions to a bar!

Fun fact:

Before the golden core Bent said "If you know this one, don't sing along! It's not one of those!"

Un.Chien.d.Espace
      Participant

Haha the swedish guys!

I meet them during a cigarette break in front of the club and they asked, given the fact that the band already started a hour ago and that they just arrived, if it would worth going in at all (they haven't heard of the band before). I told them that they could expect another 90 minutes of pure musical madness…

After the concert they thanked me for telling them to get inside… :MPD:

Great King Rat
        Participant
          Quote:
          Apart from the two assholes talking for the first minutes of GC close to me. Then suddenly they acted as if it was their favourite song ever. Why?

Maybe we were standing close to each other, too, then. I was just behind the sound mixer (right side, looking at the stage), and there were two guys right behind me talking loudly during the first verse of TGC. I told them to stop talking, and a little later they started shouting "wohoo" and "yeaaah". Which wasn't much better than the chit-chat.

Be
          Participant

Yes, I am talking about these two! Thank you for telling them off! People talking are always annoying, but in this instance it was so clear that the whole room was silent and listening, but no they have to discuss something…

odindahle
            Participant

I didn't attend the show, but I am curious if anyone else feel like HBM vol.2 for 30mins is kinda anti-climatic and slow for en encore? They have used this "song" as an encore on 3 out of 4 of the last gigs I went too. It's a great spaced piece of music, and I love listening to it, just not as an encore.

Great King Rat
              Participant

I have to admit, I went out for a cigarette during HBM so I missed a good deal of the song. But I know what you mean, I remember I thought the same when they played it last year in two shows I saw.

Kid A
                Participant

So thank &€“;) they played TGC as an encore at this show :-)

I actually like HBM a lot, I think the ending is a very spaced out high point of a far out show like the one in Bremen.

But as encores, I definitely love classics that kick it out a last time. So I’m really really glad we got no Fool’s Gold here :-)

odindahle
                  Participant

I also really enjoy listening to songs I've heard on record live rather than unreleased songs. And for alot of people this is not that accesible.

Something like Starhammer or Kill Devil Hills makes much better encores imo.

The Other Anders
                    Participant

I only saw Copenhagen, where we got Plan #1 as encore. I would have preferred HBM. Or Un Chien. I was longing for one last really far out space-out, even after Ship of Fools and Alchemyst concluding the main set. Plan #1, however classic and beautiful in its own right, left me on a bit of a flat note. While I agree that a Starhammer>Mountain kind of thing, or a Kill Devil Hills with a space-out inside could have done the trick, I don't think the availability on record is important, at least not in the way you describe it. I'd rather hear a rare song than something I have heard many times before, unless it is Un Chien. Fool's Gold was cool when they reintroduced it years ago. While also a beautiful song, and even performed as an epic, I think that one too leaves me a bit on a flat note these days, as opposed to for instance HBM.

The Other Anders
                      Participant

But I am probably not among "a lot of people" in this regard. I am not there to clap along to familiar stuff. My dream concert would be a combination of classic space-outs done in surprising new ways, surprising space-outs done inside classics, new songs, and unreleased songs. The more it deviates from the records, the better. The more obscure, the better. I wanna be challenged and amazed! Which I am by this tour, even if I only follow it through audience recordings.

otherdemon
                        Participant

A recording of this spectacular show is now up on Dime.

Thanks to losrandir for recording + uploading!

supernaut
                          Participant

I hope they're in a similar mood on wednesday in Biel 8O

supernaut
                            Participant

Damn, what a magnificiently mad Chien version!! Can music be too good to bear??? Even listening to this audience recording is almost too much to take in, I can't imagine experiencing this version on location and I had my share of live versions of le Chien. But this one here beats the one I witnessed on the 2016 tour, unbelievable… The quiet spacey parts make the supernova black hole big bang lightspeed ride even more extreme.

fillmore
                              Participant

Repeated spins of the various recordings confirm that this was a legendary night and that the accolades of attendees are well justified. This is the type of Motorpsycho show I keep hunting. I'd be really surprised if they will be in the special mood a second time to perform another epic night like this, not even Belgium managed to rival Bremen. Leipzig will have to bring out the best in them :-)

Be
                                Participant

How many recordings are there? I have only one.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994