2017-10-26 St Niklaas, Belgium

Home Forums General 2017-10-26 St Niklaas, Belgium

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Blashyrkh
    Participant

@BronYAur, Wolkengaenger is Cloudwalker :)

What a great show! In the beginning the sound wasn't great from where I was standing (1 meter in front of the PA). But after Critical Mass (ow yeah) – the sound was good!

It seems that they are all having fun on stage, also Kristoffer.

The two highlights for me where Pacific Sonata and Taifun

Up to the next show today and sunday in Brussels :STG:

@BronYAur Wolkengaenger = Cloudwalker

So my first two shows this year made clear what I love about this band so much. Bremen was very special and psyched out. Compared to Sint Niklaas I had almost a complete new set and new experience. Only 4 Bremen songs were also played yesterday. That means 10 new songs yesterday for me! Which band can compete with that?

The sound was amazing from the second half on. Year Zero with Tuba is great. Nice jams during Manmower. PPP was more in the fishtank version, but faster. ASFE is a blast live! I couln´t imagine cause I don´t like it too much in the studio version. But live? Man!

Lacuna was simply beautiful! Very new elements in the second part of the song. The hole trip became better and better and the highlight was a wonderful version of Taifun. Very very emotional. Even The Tower as an encore is great. I wasn´t missing anything. I Golden Core would have been played in the end as written on the set, …

Nice crowd, sometimes a bit talkative. Very very beautiful venue. Thanks Belgium!

I see… Gaenger = walker should have enlightened me… but I spent all the time thinking that Wolk = people…

fillmore
      Participant
        Quote:
        That means 10 new songs yesterday for me! Which band can compete with that?

Loads of bands can do it and are doing it, including my other favourite band Phish, a rock band from Vermont (US), founded in / active since 1983. I saw three consecutive shows in Chicago this summer and they performed 57 songs (9 hours of music) without repeating one song. Later in the summer they performed a run of of 13 consecutive shows in NYC without repeating a single track during the course of the run (237 individual songs performed).

In a European context however, Motorpsycho are certainly an excpetional phenomenon.

It is my subjective impression though that MP's setlist variation has decreased the last two tours, with the last tour's repertoire having it's fairly fixed sequence and this tour having two new members on board. I don't have numbers to back that up though (i.e. # of individual songs performed per tour).

Quote:
        It is my subjective impression though that MP's setlist variation has decreased the last two tours, with the last tour's repertoire having it's fairly fixed sequence and this tour having two new members on board.

This + a whole double record of new songs that need to be played and take up a lot of room. With all this in mind, I'm liking this tour's sets a lot more than the fairly fixed sets of the HBM tho!

Tomcat
        Participant

Last tour took exceptionally long until its setlists magnificently changed in Wiesbaden. A gig in the beginning plus one or two on their way back north from Italy and you got most of the songs played. I wonder how it will be this time :-)

"It is my subjective impression though that MP's setlist variation has decreased the last two tours, with the last tour's repertoire having it's fairly fixed sequence and this tour having two new members on board. I don't have numbers to back that up though (i.e. # of individual songs performed per tour). "

I DO have the numbers and I can confirm that :)

They have a more massive "body" of fixed songs played every night than in the past.

I think that the best tours from the point of view of the night-to-night variety of the setlist have been the tours with Baard (2000-2003). But also the Still Life/Blissard tour was awesome. Probably the best tour of the Kenneth-era

fillmore
          Participant
            Quote:
            I DO have the numbers and I can confirm that

Would you mind sharing them, maybe in a seperate thread? :-)

The Blissard tour was a highlight, I still remember the very magic night of Yule show in Trondheim when they played Blissard 1 -> 6 for a really surprised audience.

I am still hoping for something like that to happen again, for example

Ozone, The Ocean in her eye, Vortex Surfer and 577 in the same set :-)

Last tour with Kenneth was not that good (and now we know the reason),

Tomas & K Lo being newcomers a reduced set is ok (for now).

"The Blissard tour was a highlight, I still remember the very magic night of Yule show in Trondheim when they played Blissard 1 -> 6 for a really surprised audience."

In Milan, the encore was the ENTIRE Blissard album…

"Would you mind sharing them, maybe in a seperate thread?"

Sure – what numbers do yuo EXACTLY need? :)

Great King Rat
            Participant

I remember there was a thread here for the songs they played during one tour a couple of years ago, maybe even pre-Kenneth era? People kept track of the setlists and ended up with a beautiful list of how many times what songs were played. Something like 50 different songs in total, some being played just once or twice, others nearly every night. Might be nice for comparison to recent setlists.

Be
              Participant

I used to do that on here years ago, but I am lacking the enthusiasm nowadays…

fuzzrules
                Participant

For the first time after having seen many MP gigs one after the other, yesterday in Tilburg I noticed that they played a lot of songs that were also on the setlist in Amsterdam earlier this week. Three big differences though: Stained Glass, The Wheel and The Golden Core in Tilburg vs Taifun, Un Chien and Plan #1 in Amsterdam. I am just fine with whatever MP feels like doing, and especially with the songs they play from the Tower. Awesome songs, with some real live killers among them. Amazed for instance how uplifting ASFE and Bartok come across. The guys seem to really enjoy playing the new songs. What probably also matters is that Tomas co-created them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994