2018-11-11 Forum, Bielefeld

Home Forums General 2018-11-11 Forum, Bielefeld

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

Man-Erg 8O

Spacebandit
      Participant

Is there a weak album by VdGG? Don't think so. H to He stands out as well as Pawn hearts.

"A plague of lighthouse keepers" is unbelievable. But I also like the later ones as VdG

very much. The live album…the late Nic Potter on fuzzed out bass…Pioneers over C…

Sphinx in the face…all beautiful music.

Kid A
        Participant
          Punj Lizard
          Participant

I listened to both Bremen and Erlangen again today – bloody amazing! What a band!

eddy_t
            Participant

@Spacebandit: if you wanna find a fly in the ointment for me it is probably World Record…still great but less great than the others…

And listening to the more recent ones I truly miss David Jackson..

the conscience
              Participant
                Spacebandit
                Participant

the video is nice…the audio not really. Something I stay in tune with the ViKINGS…

all fine with a good audio recording (I got permission) but not with a rather crappy

sounding U-Tube video. Not my world and neither that of the band.

@ eddy_t: Yes, that was the weakest of the triple in 1975/1976. Meurgyls III is still

very fine, but I don't think Banton and SaxonJackson wanted to do "Reggae". So the band

split afterwards into "Peter Hammill's VdG". Still life/Godbluff are really fine albums,

maybe a bit too fast following each others…

AS from the recent past: Yes, of course I miss Mr. Jackson, but I think he doesn't like to

tour that much anymore instead of concentrating on his work with disabled children.

Peter Hammill: Saw him in last May twice in Dortmund. Nice, but helluva exhausting.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994