2018-11-15 Salzhaus, Winterthur

Home Forums General 2018-11-15 Salzhaus, Winterthur

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Wulf
    Participant

The Tower

Manmower

On a Plate

Cuckoo

Pacific Sonata

Triggerman

The Green Manalishi

STG

Lacuna

Ship of Fools

Starhammer

The Wheel

Fools Gold

Anonymous

About 2'30''

First impressions: Amazing versions of Starhammer and Pacific Sonata. Surprised hearing the old Fleetwood Mac song near the middle, took me a minute or so to recognize it.

Apparently this is the last show with Reine on this tour, so I assume they'll perform as a trio tomorrow and on Saturday, should be interesting to see what happens.

supernaut
        Participant

kind of awkward interview: https://www.facebook.com/radiostadtfilter/videos/484232855398479/

obviously she never heard of the band Motorpsyche but that's ok. :)

About the show, I need to adjust some things I wrote about the Schüür gig the night before. I'm beginning to think the grand spectacular über extraordinary gigs (by MP standards) aren't the "rare by nature" anymore but have become the standard ones instead. At some point I thought this couldn't be happening. They topped or at least matched the Schüür gig. Utter authority on stage. On A Plate, once a solid rocker, turned into crushing monster every stoner band doesn't even dare to dream of. The Great Peter Green Manalishi! As I understood it was Reine's request for his last show. They seemed to have lost themselves during Lacuna's jam which was very funny. A highly dramatic build up, break down, pick it up again but then somehow they seemed to be out in the ditch for a second and just turned the shambles back into the song proper. At least it was my impression reading their smiles and body language. So at this point I knew this one was just as massive as the night before. Thrilled, impressed, happy, I've pretty much left that previous show behind me. That supposedly one totally super über show! And finding myself this elevated and dazzled, Ship, Starhammer and The Wheel WERE STILL YET TO COME!!! There were wtf!? and what just happened?!? moments by the dozen for the last hour. Ship Of Fools was a helluva trip. I think last year they pretty much played it as on record. This time it felt more dynamic, with those little stops and BAMMM! back on the beat numerous times. A fiery celebration of one of their grandest compositions ever. Starhammer indeed had an amazing jam, very different than on the album carried by a fast, Tower-middlesection/Triggerman styled, bass line. I'm not absolutely sure but I think I've witnessed The Wheel in its entirety for the very first time in 20+ years. There might have been a Superstooge/Wheel combo once but not the whole song by itself for me. And that's the one I've played to death back then to the joy of my trying-to-sleep roommates. A wonderful Fool's Gold to close. That fuzz bass, wow.

But no Lux though. But we'll always have Bern. Hm, but without Reine… guess not.

Juergen
          Participant

This has only been the fifth performance of "Green Manalishi" by Motorpsycho (also played in Oslo 1990-11-07, Roma 1996-04-17, Rimini 1996-04-17 and Biella 1996-04-20).

Reine will leave the band after this show? This is weird but weird things are typical for this band.

I was really happy about the selection of "classics" they dug out for the show. super intense show, with some delicious jams (Reine does that Bob Weir thing in the jams really good) in the first half and then the real mean ones in the second half.

fillmore
            Participant

"The Green Manalishi"? OMG! What a bust out! Biggest setlist surprise of the Tomas-era yet. Whish these moments would happen more often.

supernaut
              Participant

What's that song that plays after the last track?

Is this always the same?

Best wishes

Fabian

mefisto
                Participant

This tour it has been the Knutsen og Ludvigsen classic: "Jeg er en forhekset prinsesse". Taken from the Knutsen og Ludvigsen CD: Fiskepudding! Lakrisbåter!

Motorpsycho also covers a Knutsen og Ludvigsen track on the tribute CD "Ellediller og krokofanter": "Syk".

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994