2019-05-11 Sentrum Scene, Oslo, NO

Home Forums General 2019-05-11 Sentrum Scene, Oslo, NO

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Devotional
    Participant

Ship of Fools

Ãœberwagner

> Pilgrim

The Other Fool

In Every Dream Home

Lux Aeterna

The Crucible

Stardust (acoustic)

A Pacific Sonata

Psychotzar

You Lied

> Hogwash

> Black To Comm

Fools Gold

Ca. 2 h 50 m

(Note: "The Tower" was on the setlist after "Hogwash", but they played BTC instead.)

Absolutely brilliant concert. Overwhelming in the best possible way. Still sort of shaking and trying to piece my mind together. They went all out from the start, and you just sensed that they had that extra spark in them tonight. The intensity was ridiculous at times. Bent was in great voice and played a blinder of a show. Wow. Snah was chronically great. His guitar playing felt limitless. And Thomas was so good that it didn't matter at all that he messed up "Black To Comm". Reine filled out the sound with grace. He's a great listener, and just a very good fit for the band. The Crucible-tracks were awesome live, as I knew/hoped they would be, "577" was a treat, "Fool's Gold" was beautiful, "Ãœberwagner" and even "The Other Fool"… Were there any low points during this gig apart from Thomas' drumming in an otherwise killer "Black To Comm"? I wish "Hogwash" was longer, that's all I can think of really. That's hardly a negative! Bent seemed very pleased afterwards, and thanked the crowd with "This was damn enjoyable."

Some more level-headed reviews will probably come from other people soon, but to me this was bliss. :MPD:

Punj Lizard
      Participant

Wow! Great setlist.

otherdemon
        Participant

Setlist is correct.

End of main set (from Psychotzar to BtC) was facemelting! Worth the price of admission alone. Rest was a bit so-so (did anyone hear Reine?), and not all of the jams went anywhere. Fantastic Ãœberpilgrim, at least. And one acoustic song smack in the middle of the show? Didn't fit in at all.

Highlight? 577, by far. Psychedelic mid-section, and an extended psychedelic outro as well. And another reminder why there should be more Trust Us-songs in the setlists.

Devotional
          Participant

@otherdemon – heard Reine fine in the middle upstairs. Would agree that "577" was a/maybe the highlight, and that you can never have enough Trust Us. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the show as much as me. :-)

sound was perfect, hard to find anything wrong in this set, simply amazing stuff from start to finsh. congrats guys!

otherdemon
            Participant

@Devotional: I heard Reine's guitar fine. But his keyboards were hard to hear unless there were quiet sections.

With the exception of Psychotzar, I didn't think the Crucible tracks worked out as great live as I hoped for. But those will obviously be better later in the tour.

It wasn't a bad gig, far from it! It just didn't send me out into the stratosphere & beyond…

otherdemon
              Participant

Visual evidence:

"Let's get some weed and listen to Supper's Ready" :lol:

Punj Lizard
                Participant

@otherdemon. Thanks. Each day following a gig, I create a playlist from albums or recordings of the previous night's set. Today I had just got to this point in the set when I logged on and saw this video from you. Perfect timing. And that Supper's Ready shout out is hilarious.

Punj Lizard
                  Participant
                    Punj Lizard
                    Participant
                      TraktorBass
                      Participant

Thought this was a really, really good show. The difference from Hamar on friday to Oslo yesterday was day and night.

Super sound, band on fire, great crowd.

I hope they keep playing Sentrum Scene instead of Rockefeller. The venue really suits them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994