2021 favorite liverecordings

Home Forums General 2021 favorite liverecordings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the visitant
    Participant

Looking forward to many more 2022 shows (tickets for Leuven, check), but I've been enjoying the excellent 2021 live recordings lately and I thought I'd share some favorite renditions. Would love to hear your favorites from the 2021 shows.

1. Ancients astronauts / Azrael (or Ny lang / Ny halflang): great trippy new songs which seemed to grow longer and more intricate every time they were performed. All versions were great, my favorites probably at Grieghallen on june 12. Wonder what they've got planned for these special songs.

2. Delusion / NOX (Blitz, november 25): at some point they added a wonderful atmospheric jam part somewhere in the middle of the suite, and they started taking NOX somewhere different from the recorded version. They played this one a lot and usually great, but this version is the one for me.

3. STG / IMS / Entropy (Desertfest, Antwerp, october 15): the greatest segment of the 2021 show I attended. Very intense jam on STG followed by some intricate songs I didn't expect to hear at all. Great surprises they were.

4. The magpie (Blitz, november 22): there haven't been many chances yet to hear this great new song live. Lots of live potential, I think. Could just be me – I dig this song a lot.

5. At empire's end (Blitz, november 24) & Lady May (Blitz, november 25): two songs from KoO that were introduced (and played a lot) at the Blitz gigs. I've selected two particularly fine renditions (to my ears). Both very stretched out compared to the original versions. Fine low-key jamming.

6. Frances (Blitz, november 26) / Loaded (Blitz, november 24) / Step inside (Blitz, november 25): can't forget these early tracks. Just great rock fun.

7. Hell pt 1-3 (Blitz, november 24): the jamming on this version just sweeps me up. I wish it was twice as long.

8. Whole lotta Diana (Blitz, november 24): another great jam

9. X-3 (Blitz, november 25): a very different, looser feel than the original version. Feels like it could meander just about anywhere, but still achieves lift-off effortlessly.

Thanks to the tapers who make it possible to hear these great performances!

otherdemon
      Participant

I agree with most of these, but there was one performance you left out which deserves

A LOT of mention:

Mountain (Blitz, November 24th): This 22 minute version is easily one of the best MP live performances I've ever seen and heard. Outer space and beyond.

Honorable mentions to Cornucopia and The Wheel from Blitz November 26th as well. Both VERY

solid performances.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994