22.04.12 Impetus Festival, Lausanne

Home Forums General 22.04.12 Impetus Festival, Lausanne

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    pfnuesel
    Participant

TDDU

Hogwash –> ? –> Hogwash

Business as usual.

Tomcat
      Participant

Thanks! Very high standards still regarding mood and performance I think ;-)

TAF
        Participant

Does the "?" mean that they didn't go into Halleluhwah, like they usually do these days?

s_edelman
          Participant

well in Nijmegen last week they sure took it somewhere else – no Halleanyting in Hogwash there

pfnuesel
            Participant

? means just that I am ignorant enough to not know the song. But it might well be that it was Halleluhwah, which I don't know. Is there a version on Youtube I could check to see if it's the same?

´till 3.30: halleluhwah

pfnuesel
              Participant

Hm, well, I am not sure, but that might have been it.

supernaut
                Participant

It was Halleluwah. Hogwash startet out very funky and then rocked out hard with the mellow Halleluwah jam in there.

So finally first time TDDU live for me. It was [insert random superlatives] as expected. Great sound, great playing and singing, great audience (extremely nonchatty crowd, never experienced this at any show), nice venue, quite small and far from sold out. I can only report what I've seen last night, dunno if any news or differences to the shows so far:

Most of the first half (not too sure about the 2nd anymore) was sung lead in unison by Bent and Snah. A nice take. Sharks was very different than on record that I even thought there's a new song in there, with Bent and Stale singing. Does Stale sing it on the record, too?

Highpoints: the massive moog driven La Lethe, the rock god's gift Mutiny and that long 7/4 part in Through the veil. There was a nice moment at its start, when the PA was turned probably all the way down and we only heard the band's backline with Kenneth's stick work on the snare's rim and body. Then bam! PA back up and on they went.

Complaints? Well sadly no back drop picture and the show felt and was extremely short for MP standards. And way too much cool merchandise, that was some expensive night out.

fillmore
                  Participant
                    supernaut
                    Participant

Yeah that opening is so awesome!

Yep at the D!club it was. Of course we went to the La Romandie club with our pre-sale tickets as it said so on the ticket and there we were greeted by a closed door labeled "complete" which translates pretty much as "full! sold out! go home losers, haha!". Damn I nearly panicked! Could have written a note on the door that it's been rebooked to that other club just across the plaza. Thankgod we were so smart to walk over to the tourbus we saw before and sure there was the D!club. Phew… 8O

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994