25-04-2012 – Bloom – Mezzago (IT)

Home Forums General 25-04-2012 – Bloom – Mezzago (IT)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

omg you lucky guys! 8O

and taifun!

makes me even sadder, that 1 and only encore in lausanne. :( maybe it was a sunday night curfew issue there…. well it was also a small venue and not full by far. so maybe it was a vibe thing.

fillmore
      Participant

Yes, that must have been a cool gig and it's a long set — BUT we can all be happy we got the "Unicorn" at the gigs we saw, regardless of the number or selection of encores at the respective concerts. I am sure in a few year's time we will treasure that experience immensely because the band will still be playing "Nothing To Say" but surely not the whole "TDDU". That said I was quite happy with "my" encores ("Arne H"!) so there are no complaints from my side whatsoever.

At Bloom there's nothing like a curfew (I've played there three or four times late after midnight). And as Nibi pointed out, MP have a day off today, which could have influenced the decision to play until 1 a.m. (I think it's the MP "later" show I've ever seen).

Additions: Bloom is celebrating 25th anniversary, thing that Bent mentioned. Other addition: yesterday it was the Italian Liberation Day, other thing that Bent mentioned somehow during the encores. Maybe they wanted to celebrate as well :)

During all the show (but especially during the encore) Bent was always smiling, in a great mood. More than usual anyway.

supernaut
        Participant

of course you're right fillmore, but 10 or or 50mins encore do matter a teeeeeny little bit for motorpsychedelihappiness. ;)

About TDDU: five stars exhibition, even though the guys seemed a lot more relaxed during the encores. But they played a great Unicorn. Even Sharks and Mutiny, which I don't like on LP, where majestic. In their shape, the guys would do a great job even playing Hannah Montana.

v1

I agree with Fillmore, even if the good old fans went crazy during the encores, the Unicorn is a masterpiece which deserves to be the next Roadwork! And maybe one day the Unicorn will be THE encore :D

I agree with Fillmore and v1. TDDU is a masterpiece and on stage it becomes an unrepeatable experience. But I appreciated to see two different gigs with one ticket: the new MP experience (TDDU) and the old MP experience.

However, I found some videos of the gig in this youtube channel: http://m.youtube.com/user/Astroman14

Hi V1, the pleasure was mine! Today I put an offer for sale for your "Fiat Punto Kenneth"

in our local newspaper, i'll tell you about the result of this "public auction"!

Of course i totally agree with you and Fillmore about the show,it has been an amazing concert, but for me the best version of the Unicorn was tuesday in Livorno.

@ Fillmore : in the next days i'll call one of my friend that followed me and v1 during the tour to know about his records of the 3 italian shows, if the experiment has given listenable results i'll place them at your disposal together with photos and a couple of video.

TAF
            Participant

You know, Casale, all recordings are welcome – listenable or not. :P

Ok TAF, i'll do my best!

v1

@casale: the car is not for sale, I'm going to give her as a present to Kenneth in about 17 years, during the "Motorpsycho 40 years Anniversary Tour"! :mrgreen:

I'm really looking forward to see videos and pics and also listen to the taping of the last great days!

cheers to you, Ale, Marco and to everybody we met in these days! :cheers:

No one is mentioning the amazing performance of Snah as guitarist and vocalist, a complete artist and performer. I was mesmerized by him.

Wow! Crazy shit!

What are you italians feeding the lads? :-)

It must be the pasta. new album "let them eat pasta" perhaps?

stereosofa
                Participant
                  Quote:
                  That's how an anonymous white Fiat Punto became the first Fiat Punto Kenneth

@v1: please share pics of the Fiat Punto Kenneth and a short note about how it has come to this in the merchandising topic.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994