25.05.2024 – IT, Morbegno – Morborock

Home Forums Setlists 25.05.2024 – IT, Morbegno – Morborock

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mirai no maboroshi
    Participant

Setlist:

The Waning pt 1*
      Psycholab
      Black As Night
      Dank State
      The Tower
      Sinful, Wind-borne
      The Magpie
      Whip That Ghost
      Patterns
      Hotel Daedalus
      Quick Fix
      Hyena
      The United Debased
      Go To California
      Hogwash** > Spin Spin Spin > Hogwash
      Into The Sun
      ——————-
      Rock Bottom

* Reported simply as “The Waning” on the setlist
      ** Included a snippet of “Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow” at the beginning

Notes:
      – approx 2h10m
      – Olaf on drums
      – first time they played “Quick Fix” live

Francesco

Aki
      Participant

Quick Fix!? wow

suntripper
        Participant

It’s great that they can pull out a little gem like Quick Fix.

I’m going to say something that probably won’t go down well now. I hope they will soon be dropping three from this set: The Waning, The Tower and Whip That Ghost. I mean, they’re okay, you know, but there are so many other things I would prefer in their place. There. I’ve said it.

Paolize
          Participant

15th MP concert for me.
            To be sincere, not the setlist of my dream but it fix well to the context: very energetic, solid, with a lot of fun and smiles.

My personal highlights:
            – Whip That Ghost (an enjoyable variation from the rest of the rocky setlist)
            – Quick Fix (what a surprise! I didn’t expected it. And it totally worked!)
            – Hogwash > Spin Spin Spin > Hogwash (completely mind-blowing version, as you probably know…)

Other observations:
            – Nice to see the frequent interactions between Bent and Olaf.
            – Go to California had an unexpected and paradoxical digression that reminded me Sunn O))) vibes… Very dark and low.
            – As I wrote in another topic, too much covers. Just my opinion. But, instead of Black as Night or Into the Sun, I’d rather listen to any other MP song (quite randomly chosen). They have such a large and high-quality repertoire, I don’t want to listen songs that I don’t know or with which I am not emotionally connected. Rock Bottom was superb, however…
            – Incredibly generous from them coming to Italy just for a single/spot date.
            So, once again, thank you!

Darmok
            Participant

I’m really glad I made it, fun hard-rocking setlist, for a show that lasted well beyond my expectations for a festival slot. I had expected 1h 40/45, ending at about 00.30, instead they went on until 1 am!
              Their spacey/psychedelic side definitely took a step back for this one (I guess it will be the case for the whole of this festival run?), which is probably for the best also because I’m honestly not too sold on Olaf, he seemed to be doing all right in straightforward rock tunes but struggling a bit (imho) when jamming with the guys. Whip That Ghost wasn’t the best and I remember Kenneth shining on it. It’s probably that when you have seen phenomenal drummers like Kenneth and Tomas you expect a little bit more “flair” and creativity, and I also think Ingvald had much more chemistry with the boys. This however did not detract from a really good show, Bent & Snah were in great form, I think they both sang really well (probably more rested than when they do a long run of consecutive shows) and definitely captivated the audience. Which was indeed incredibly huge, the biggest I’ve ever seen at a MP concert, most likely many people never heard of them before and and I’m sure they were thoroughly impressed. Tbh I could have done without the moshpitting (even on Go to California, come on) but in the end I’m happy they got some new fans there.
              Sinful was the highlight of the show for me, a song I love and didn’t expect at all. Having probably seen some of the kids in the front rows, Bent introduced it as “something from when your mother was young” :D :D
              Quick Fix (“a song we never played before… I mean, we never played it live”) works quite well, I hope they’ll keep it and play from time to time in the future, Hyena and the closing covers were also really fun.
              In case they’re reading this space, huge thanks and congratulations to the organizers of the festival, they deserve the success they had Saturday. We also took the chance of doing some sightseeing in beautiful Valtellina on Sunday (San Martino-Val di Mello), to us city dwellers it’s really something!

elNibi
              Participant

My original post was hidden while I was editing it because off some sort of spam filter. Anyway, I’ll repost it here:

Hello guys,
                Setlist of the saturday night concert in Morbegno (SO-Italy) at the Morborock festival, a free festival run by the local association “Lokazione”.
                Setlist

– The Waning Pt. 1 & 2
                – Psycholab
                – Black as night
                – Dank State
                – The tower
                – Sinful, Wind-Borne
                – The Magpie
                – Whip That Ghost (Song for a Bro’)
                – Patterns
                – Hotel Dedalus
                – Quick fix (first time live!)
                – Hyena
                – The united Debased
                – Go to California
                – Hogwash > Spin, Spin, Spin > Hogwash (started with free your mind…)
                – Into the Sun
                ———————-
                – Rock bottom

Started 22.50 til 1.00 (2h10′)

Typical festival show with a lot of rock jams, not much space to “space” or sing-along tracks but a overwhelming rock-jamming sequence without any break.
                Audience “around” 6500, mindblowing considering that Morbegno is a very small city of 12000 inhabitants. I think most of them were there without having any idea who motorpsycho were. Not a bad thing if we consider the natural tendency of the most loyal fans to progressively age and “close”.
                I’ve got entusiastic feedbacks from a lot of friends who attended for the first time a MP concert. After all, in this small community in the middle of the Alps there had never been a band of the value and intensity of motorpsycho. At the same time MP called a lot of people travelling here from other palces in northern Italy so that the entire festival gained visibility. All in all the audience was great supporting the band.

Something more about the songs:
                Very intense rendition of “The tower” and “United debased”
                Rocking go to california with a long intense middle jam
                Hogwash was “slower” than usual but very intense
                I confused the beginning of both quick fix and rock bottom with ASAFE :-D

I was thrilled to hear sinful, wind-borne for a very particular reason. I discovered motorpsycho by hearing them on the “planet rock” radio show in 1996 with this song. For me it remained a milestone. From that moment my passion exploded and also involved my friend Michele with whom I saw all the first MP concerts from 1997 onwards, we were only 16 years old at that time. Michele himself organized the arrival of Motorpsycho at Morborock right here, 200 m from my house, it was a natural closing of the circle.

Thanks to Lokazione, Morborock and all the psychonauts, it was a pleasure to have you all here “at home”, Marco, Barbara, Federica & family, Francesco… :cheers: :mp:

Riccardo

WearingYrSmell89
                Participant

Thank you again to the guys from MorboRock.
                  They made a real miracle, and many many thanks to Bent&Snah for choosing to come here.
                  I really think they made a big goal kicking ass to bands who only look at Milano and surrounding s.
                  Yes I know Motorpsycho goes everywhere in Italy but this year they are making strategic choices for new fan catching areas. Great choice!
                  I follow them everywhere like many of this Forum but I like young people coming to concerts and getting to know our preferred band since 35 years on.
                  I was in front row and enjoyed music, singing and the mood on stage.

This gig confirms the overall quality of Motorpsycho, not only good music not only making money and selling merch (there was not) or discs but vibes and connection to people.

I love this guys and will spread the verb to everyone I can, especially young people.

See you on the road again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994